What is all this "past life" stuff?

I'm very curious. I've been hearing this a lot, can someone please explain the whole concept to me (Wikipedia didn't help)?

Best Answer

I'm a hypnotherapist and a spiritual regressionist - I take people back in time within this life, past lives and to the time between lifetimes.

It took me a long time to accept that reincarnation was a fact - I'm a very logical person and I would not simply accept what others were saying - even though the vast majority of religions believe in reincarnation - even Christianity.

I have done hundreds of PLR (past life regression) sessions with clients and I estimate that about 50% are worthy of research - that is I believe, and the client believes that the information is genuine and something that they have not heard/read about themselves - and I have had many where the detail has checked out on subsequent research.

Check out Michael Newtons 'Journey of Souls' - when I read the book I had to learn more so I trained with Dr Newton.

To those who think it is nonsense - and I also did for a long time - read the book and speak to people who have experienced a PLR. I also come across young children recalling snippets of past lives and the detail can be verified. The evidence for past lives is quite compelling.

Some belief that reincarnation occurs; after death, the soul returns and lives again.

Therefore, lives before this one are "past lives" -- lives we've lived, or rather our souls have lived, that we have no conscious memory of but still can affect us.

Haven't you ever heard very young children talking about all the things they did when they were grown-ups?

Some people never grow out of it.

Aside from being an interesting form of self-delusion, psychologically speaking, it is utter nonsense.

Some people believe that when you die you are reincarnated into another person, past lives are supposedly your prior reincarnations.

that you lives life before, as soemone else, then they died, and the person you are now is born, and you live that life, and on and on