Does anyone have anything good to say about the United States Military?

I always hear people talking about the U.S Military and especially people on this site saying that they are just a bunch of weak cowards that have never won a war. Is there anyone else out there that sees the U.S Military as heroes that put there lives on the line so their loved ones back home can be free. Hundreds of thousands of American soldiers have been killed fighting for justice, independence, and Freedom, and all some people can do is sit on their lazy *** and bash the United States Military. So does anyone have anything good to say about them.

God Bless America

Land of the Free

• Curt J
    Favorite Answer

I served in the Army for a total of 24 years and while I, personally, never went to war, I cannot say the same for many of my friends, some of whom never came home. Almost to a man/woman, I can say that they were among the finest people it has ever been my priviledge to have known and I am proud that I had a chance to be among their ranks.

Those that do nothing but denigrate our Military members are most likely the same people who would never consider that they might owe something back to the country of their birth and are not worth wasting any more words on.

Source(s): Curt Jones SFC, USA Retired
  • Forty2

I don't think military personnel are "weak cowards that never won a war."

To be honest, the U.S. military of today just doesn't mesh well with the reality of the world right now. The only thing the U.S. gov uses the military for is basically robbing groups of poor people and imposing puppet governments on them.

I mean how can any soldier be expected to "win" that when that is always the mission that's given?

I think the military is actually quite impressive with both the training of the personnel and many of it's capabilities. Some of the things DARPA is doing are really amazing.

So, you know, I think the military is great, it's built for a different time however, the problems it's supposed to "solve" don't really exist (unless politicians manufacture them), and I think there is a huge opportunity cost with the money and it should be spent on replacing oil as opposed to killing poor people and trying to acquire more.

I consider myself very very liberal however I completly hate when people talk crap about the military even more so now that ive been considering it. These people talk crap and down grade our soilders, sailors, marines and airmen. Well you wouldnt even be aloud to talk your crap if it wasnt for them defending your right to. And if these types of people think america would be possible without or military their completly wrong, because we would not have survived. We would have been over run and invaded by countries with their MILITARY. I have more respect for these men and women than anyone. Without them this country would not be where it is today. They go out everyday and do what they need to do to keep this country running, free and safe. And i love the people who say the military is full of lazy people...most of americas exercise consists of the walk to the car for the drive to friggin mcdonalds. Stop bashing the military and be thankful you have the right to your own opinion and life...If you dont like it, you also have the right to leave the United states of america. Thank you. God Bless our troops and keep them safe.

its not how it used to be but still if we have to get the job done we can do it, i think military support really went down during vietnam and that everyone has that programed into there heads when something wrong happens, we have advanced weaponry, highly trained troops, and lots of allies, we may not have numbers on our side like china, or russia, but we can still kick our daily share of @$$ and do it well, stealth, technology, training, will and a whole lot of nukes is what this country has in its arsenal. God bless america

I've got issues with the United States Army. Plenty of issues.

But overall, looking at everything more objectively - I'm damn proud to have served. Given a choice, even if I had have known I was going to injure my knee like I did, I'd do it all over again. I'm proud of my unit's accomplishments downrange, I'm proud of how we handled ourselves in combat. I've got gripes and complaints about how things are run in garrison, but when we started playing for keeps in Iraq, my unit rose to the occasion and we showed what we were really made of.

If my knee had held out, I'd re-enlist in a heartbeat.

Source(s): 5 years Army enlisted

Uh...we had the greatest military might in WWII. Methinks you need to study up on history a bit. Also, you haven't a clue as to tactics. You cannot win an unconventional war by conventional means. That, my son, has been proven time after time after time. Something else you might want to study up on. Uh...and please define "nam troops".

Uhh I'm on these boards everyday and about 99% of the people here are proud of the US military. In fact most of us think that our US military is unmatched on every level (I'm one of them!). So quit trying to look for people to come here and sing the US Military praise for an unjust reason. You're pathetic.

u noe wat its every tree hugging homo loving person who doesnt appreciate what our servicemen do! i mean they do the dirty things we civilians couldnt stand to do and i thank them for doing just that, i mean if they were not to be around how many more 9-11's could we take? i mean all they give in iraq and so many come home with problems, i am lucky to have my dad come home in one piece but he told me some friends were not as lucky so i think it should be that whenever u see military personell in uniform at an airport or anywhere shake theit hand and try to comfort them coz u never noe if they might be on their way to fight somewhere none of us would ever go to fight, knowing all the risks and dangers they still dont punk out and fight on and i think that there should be a celebration for every veteran returning from a deployment, even if they dont have friends or family the deserve one!

Leeanne: thank you!!! The military is made up of people who are trying to do their job the best they can. One more thing: Why should god only bless America? What about the rest of the world?

What country did these assholes come from? We'll be sure to go to war with them next.

Source(s): AFRES