Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why is the name of God is Obama...?

Lowering the budget of our military? We're at war now, but he doesn't seem to know that... Missile defense is down and the rest of our military's budget is going to go down to below pre-WW2 spending...

As the world super power, don't you think we need to have a strong military? After all if you look at history, the most powerful nations that have fallen were due to a lack of military technology or military might...

He doesn't even call it the war on terror. We seem to be going back to a pre-9/11 mentality. Remember where that got us? 4 attacks on us during the Clinton years and 9/11 it self!

The only cut in spending this man is doing, is in the military section. Funny thing is, that is the only type of spending which keeps us safe and is NOT controlled by politicans...

So why? Why reduce the spending that keeps us the most dominant nation on earth? Why reduce military spending and then pass the most expensive bill in our history? Why? Does he hate the military that much? Or does he believe that America no longer is the superpower? Well the truth it, WE STILL are. Even our allies's military experts agree.

BTW LIBERALS POINT TO THIS WEBSITE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_spe... AND THIS WEBSITE http://www.militarybudget.info/ THAT POINTS TO US INCREASING OUR BUDGET-YET THE WEBSITES CONTRADICT WHAT THEY SAY. BTW WIKI EVEN SAYS IT MIGHT BE WRONG DUE TO OUT DATED INFO... I GET MY INFO FROM: Military Channel's Around the Services New Channel, Congressional Research Service, and Factcheck.org.

Plus: FOXNews and ABC News, along with CSPAN

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

NO. HE'S A LIBERAL!!!!! DUH HE'S A REPUBLICAN!!!! I can't STAND Obama!!!!!!!!!!! He's such an idiot and a Muslim...

• 1 decade ago

i cant exactly answer your question but i can refute parts of it. so in general its food for thought.

first of all we haven't been the most dominant nation in the world for awhile now.

second a strong military doesn't grantee that were a world power i mean look what happened to the soviet union near the end of the cold war; they were the second if not best military power at the time but their country had failed in other aspects such as trade and health care ETC. so they fell and broke apart.

third if the entire world sees us as just a country expanding its military the other country will become "afraid". a good example would be rome they were under constant siege because they were the worlds greatest power.

some food for thought is all this is

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

do you really think military is really that important that you have to spend billions inventing new ways to kill people?

and its not a war on terror

its an invasion gone wrong

Obama is trying to write the wrong doing of Bush and better the world while hes at it. Is that so much of a bad thing to you? And who needs defense when no one wants to attack you? And for your information, the military is controlled by the government.

IT DOESNT MATTER IF THE US IS A WORLD SUPER POWER

last thing i have to say.... i hate aggressive people like you whos only answer to the problems of the world is kill everyone else

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I didn't say it wasn't reduced... just if you reduce a 500 billion budget... decreasing it a few billion, to say 475... isn't the end of the world... or really even weakening it a ton... when the second highest nation is at like 100 billion...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lee
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Just as the roman failed,so will the united states.They,the romans, had the strongest army in the world,and yet they failed.They failed because they thought they could impose their will on other countries.There are many countries on this planet that don't have a standing army,and yet they live in harmony with the rest of us.We have so many thing we need to correct here at home,yet we insist on blowing billions on other peoples problems.

• 1 decade ago

Didn't you already get flamed for posting this about ten minutes ago? Dude, Obama's escalating the military involvement in Afghanistan, and he isn't showing any signs of pulling out of Iraq. Be happy, you scary jingoist.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What? He's lowering government spending, don't conservatives like that? Even lowering the military's budget by 25%, which he is not, would still mean we are greatly outspending the rest of the world.

• 1 decade ago

Thanks to Bush and the Republicans we will never be the strong nation we once were. They gave our future to China and India by allowing Big Biz to outsource our jobs and industries to them. Those countries will now lead the world in the 21st century. I suggest you take your Chinese classes now and get a head start on the new world order your heroes made for you.

• 1 decade ago

What truly amazes me is the responses some of these sheeple give.Complete denial of the facts.You and I both know the only thing that will get them to see the truth.How sad.

• 1 decade ago

We would be a lot safer if all US military protected our borders rather than mess around a hornets nest which is the Middle East.

• 1 decade ago

We are in a huge debt right now and he is trying to save us money that we need for other things like education. This war is pointless and was only started to get oil from the countries that wouldn't let us have any. We could be using that money for other things, like advancements in technology, helping schools, and things like that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.