Can I be a US citizen by depositing 2 million dollars in a us bank?

Update:

I meant opening my own bank account.

Only real answers pls.

Update 2:

Belle, thanks for the answer.

Can you edit your answer and add more and elaborate on that?

Also pls put some sites where I can read about that specific visa you just mentioned.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No. People become U.S. citizens in one of two ways:

*By birth, either within the territory of the United States or to U.S. citizen parents, or

*By Naturalization.

Naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is conferred upon a foreign citizen or national after he or she fulfills the requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). The general requirements for administrative naturalization include:

*a period of continuous residence and physical presence in the United States;

*residence in a particular USCIS District prior to filing;

*an ability to read, write, and speak English;

*a knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government;

*good moral character;

*attachment to the principles of the U.S. Constitution; and,

*favorable disposition toward the United States.

All naturalization applicants must demonstrate good moral character, attachment, and favorable disposition. The other naturalization requirements may be modified or waived for certain applicants, such as spouses of U.S. citizens.

• 1 decade ago

No. You cannot buy US citizenship. However, if you have at least US$1 million to invest in a business, plus have business experience, business plan, preferably existing profitable biz to relocate to the US, you might apply for an investor visa. The money alone is not enough to qualify for such a visa, however! Your business expertise and biz plan are critical. And you must hire at least 10 US citizens. You also need sufficient funds to relocate and provide for yourself and your family until the biz is making money.

If you are approved, if your biz succeeds, and if you hire enough US citizens, after 5 years residing in US with green card, you can apply for citizenship.

Very, very few people get investors visas.

• 1 decade ago

Not quite. You have to invest a certain sum in a business that creates a certain number of jobs. But really, if you have that type of money you can afford to speak to an immigration lawyer. You do not need to hang around a site like this.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Research the EB-5 visa

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm sure there are "honest people " within the government, who, if you deposited 2 million dollars in their bank account, could expedite your application for political assylum in the United States and guide you to U.S. citizenship.

The legal and politically correct answer is "No" you cannot buy US citizenship. You do not automatically get it because you deposit money in a bank.

• Belle
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You can not buy citizenship. However you can buy yourself a resident visa by having a large enough sum of money to support yourself. Of course you need to apply and be approved. In time you would be allowed to apply for citizenship.

Belle

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

you comprehend it particularly is faux, they does not in trouble-free terms supply money away like that. i recieved approximately 10 dfferent letters from 10 diverse international places that I actual have gained ( monies blended) over a hundred and fifty Million money. it particularly is a extensive rip-off they're pushing on the hundreds.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, if you invest $2M in the US economy, you can apply for resident status. You will have to wait 5 years to become a citizen though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, just by opening an account no, if you invest 1 million in any business or the stock market then you are automatically a us citizen, the other way is that one parent is american or fiance or wife.

• 1 decade ago

why not buy the brooklyn bridge and why your at it i know of some property in arizona thats for sale . rio rancho is now looking for prospects.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.