If you had to donate a million dollars to a charity, where would you give the money?

or which specific charity?

Favorite Answer

To the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. I've been raising money for them for 2 years now and participating in their marathon events. I love that organization. I believe in their mission wholeheartedly and I lost a cousin to Leukemia.

I would not write a check to a charitable institution or deposit funds into a charity account. I would buy coats and food for the homeless and give it personally. I would buy books, musical instruments and sports equipment for schools and take it to the schools myself. I would pay what it cost to have terminally ill children entertained (for lack of a better word.) I don't consider this donating, its just the right thing to do.

I would divy it up to one hundred dollars a piece and give it to small environmentlaly friendly farms and environmentally friendly businesses that people had just formed in the past year. many of these people are struggling and need a boost.

This is so much more important than automanufacturing, space exploration, nuclear reactors, animal testing, major corporations like Meijers, Green Giant, Dell, Matell, etc, etc. And this is the direction we need to be going in. We need to start living the kind of life we did over a hundred years ago.

I don't think I would donate all that money to just one charity. I would donate some to Africa some to ASPCA some to needy children organizations and some to cancer research centers or things like that

Yes I would.

-Incest/rape victims, like me

-Save the Animals

-Cancer research

-A charity that helps 3rd world countries

-HIV/AIDS Awareness

-PETA

-Breast Cancer foundations

-Global Warming

-Feed the Children

Not only will I donate to charities, I would help the people who helped me in life such as both my grandmother and my great-grandmother. I would also give some money to my mother because she takes care of me and it's a way to help her out a bit.

Great Ormond Street Hospital, and then to somewhere like the NHS. But worldwide, I'd give it to Wateraid or Unicef. Or probably something that helps people without eyesight, or who are loosing it, because that would be my worst nightmare. Or people with Malaria.

So much to choose from :)

Good question though ....

the Salvation Army. they do good work in this area. it would NOT go to the Red Cross. i have had two run ins with them and do not savor the memory of either one. first, when i joined the military, and we were getting a physical, the red cross was there with donuts and coffee. FOR SALE. wtf?

the second one was when i was stationed overseas and i heard that my mother had died. i arranged transportation home through the red cross (the only way to do it at that time) and i almost missed my plane because the b**ch wasted 35 minutes trying to determine how i would pay them back. f**k the red cross up the ***!

The Make A Wish Foundation.

World Wildlife Fund

Hep C research and aids research because real soon its going to become an epidemic if it isn't already and the government isn't keeping it quite, i mean man do u realize how many are infected and have no clue

Source(s): scary times for our children i swear i believe in helping dogs and animals sure but hay folks there are diseases that could whip out whole generations of people and you all want to help another country and animals before helping right here at home to maybe save your own child's life some day get real