Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionOther - Television · 1 decade ago

In "The Powerpuff Girls", who is Him? Is he the devil? Why does he wear womans clothes?

Hi, im a big fan of the powerpuff girls show but who the heck is him!!?!? i know hes like, the worst and most evil villain but like, is he the devil? and why does he dress up like a gay guy!?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

man, he used to freak the crap out of me!!! Maybe this will help.. Him (voiced by Tom Kane): a mysterious, super powerful, red-skinned, effeminate (apparently androgynous) and immortal devil-like creature. His physical appearance is an amalgamation of sorts with crab-like claws, lobster-like skin, pointed ears, a hooked nose and a long, curled beard, wearing makeup, a woman's red jacket and skirt with pink tulle at the collar and hemline, and black, thigh-high, spike-heeled boots. It's implied that he may be Satan, but, according to the narrator in Him's first appearance, "he is so evil that his real name can never be said". He is the ultimate embodiment of pure evil, and talks in a chilling voice that echoes at all times as if in a cave; the voice itself can vary from a high pitched falsetto voice, to a deep, booming, demonic voice. Whenever he is present, usually everything around him has the color red on it. Unlike most villains, who prefer to antagonize Townsville by themselves, Him disguises himself or creates psychological events or catastrophes which he uses as an attempt to cause the Powerpuff Girls to break mentally. He has shown numerous satanic forms, most of which are revealed in hell or apocalyptic situations or realms. His powers are so great that he is able to resurrect and improve The Rowdyruff Boys, and also move and halt the sun itself. The Powerpuff Girls themselves are often unsure how to fight him because no matter how much force they use, Him just laughs in his high voice. The girls have been able to stop but the few times the girls have defeated him he usually just disappears and reforms later. It was Him who, in an alternate future without the Powerpuff Girls to stop him, controls the world (again, in the episode "Speed Demon") and having gained control of the world, turning it into a living "Hell". In this setting, he was also able to change into a much larger and more sinister-looking version of himself. The scene in the episode "Tough Love" that depicts Him hovering above Townsville sowing the seeds of hatred in the minds of the citizens is probably a parody or a tribute to the scene in F. W. Murnau's 1926 adaptation of Faust which depicts Mephistopheles hovering above the sleeping town sowing the seeds of plague. Despite being the "ultimate evil" it's revealed in the episode "Him Diddle Riddle" that he has a normal job as the owner of a diner where Professor Utonium once ate his breakfast. Additionally, he was shown living in a "normal" house in "Telephony," as the Girls crash through his roof when he is falsely accused of crime. Him is so powerful that he doesn’t even take the Powerpuff Girls seriously, often seen doing aerobic workouts and riding his exercise bike. Or pretty much anything he feels like when there around. When the Girls do go to Him accusing him of doing something evil he usually just talks his way out, convincing them that he had nothing to do with it and might give them a clue to who did do it, sending them off, usually disturbed. Craig McCracken has stated that the character "Him" was inspired by the Chief Blue Meanie in the 1968 Yellow Submarine film.[1] This can be seen in Him's character, as both have two major speaking tones: high-pitched and feminine, and aggressive and foreboding. Him was given the title of 2nd of 10 in the "Worst 10 Criminals" special.

That explains somethings.... The fact you couldn't say his name makes me think of voldemort.. I guess to learn more about 'Him' we could watch the 1968 Yellow Submarine film. He almost makes me think of an uncool version of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.. leaving the girls disturbed.. sounds like what Nny does to squee..

• Login to reply the answers
  • Bink
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

In "The Powerpuff Girls", who is Him? Is he the devil? Why does he wear womans clothes?

Hi, im a big fan of the powerpuff girls show but who the heck is him!!?!? i know hes like, the worst and most evil villain but like, is he the devil? and why does he dress up like a gay guy!?

Source(s): powerpuff girls devil wear womans clothes: https://shorturl.im/71pCO
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): quot powerpuff girls quot devil wear womans clothes: https://shortly.im/f37kO
  • 3 years ago

Him Powerpuff Girls

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

I think that, based on what I've read, HIM is a transgender or a transvestite. I used to think he was a transgender lobster, but based on what I've googled recently, it appears that HIM really is the devil, and all the reasoning's make sense.

This article has the best reasoning for that conclusion. Sorry this is extremely late, because you probably don't care anymore lol

• 3 years ago

I think short skirts, coz you show off more lower limbs, but really it doesn't matter both will go great

• 3 years ago

I believe long skirts are excellent, you're covered up with no restrictions of trousers.

• 1 decade ago

Him is Him. He's Freaky and sometimes gives me nightmares. i think that he is some sort of cross-dresser. :{

• 1 decade ago

THE DEVIL!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.