Homosexuality in animals?

According to many of the psychological studies that have used animals, it is found that most creatures rely primarily on their sense of touch, taste, and smell. There has never been a study conducted to suggest that animals ( cats, dogs, etc) reason like human beings.In fact, it was Edward L. Thorndike that... show more According to many of the psychological studies that have used animals, it is found that most creatures rely primarily on their sense of touch, taste, and smell. There has never been a study conducted to suggest that animals ( cats, dogs, etc) reason like human beings.In fact, it was Edward L. Thorndike that conducted a similar study on cats.

Question: What makes you believe that homosexuality is indeed in animals. Also, do you believe that the animal is aware that its actions are homosexual or heterosexual in nature?
Update: Edward's study showed that a cat does not have the ability to reason like a human being. The study consisted of putting a cat into a box that could be opened by a simple gest of a string or a similar mechanism. The cat got out of the box several times, but each time by accident; it never figured out how the... show more Edward's study showed that a cat does not have the ability to reason like a human being. The study consisted of putting a cat into a box that could be opened by a simple gest of a string or a similar mechanism. The cat got out of the box several times, but each time by accident; it never figured out how the box opened. According to what I have read, it clarifies that an animal such as a cat in this instance, do not reason like human beings do. The books words are " they do not identify things like humans do.

This made me think about animal behavior when it comes to homosexual acts. Could there be something more to this behavior that we fail to see?
Update 2: I think there is a reason for such behavior, like with the penguins. It is found that animals will act out new behaviors due to their environment and surroundings in order to survive or co-exist even. I apologize to everyone who is sensitive about this stuff, but I believe there is more to this behavior that... show more I think there is a reason for such behavior, like with the penguins. It is found that animals will act out new behaviors due to their environment and surroundings in order to survive or co-exist even. I apologize to everyone who is sensitive about this stuff, but I believe there is more to this behavior that meets the eye.
Update 3: Penguins Adopting an egg after it was rejected by its biological parents. Could it be that these two male penguins when taking the role of the parents, took a role of a father and mother, and therefore act out these roles.
Update 4: Because like I said, animals will change their behaviors based on circumstances related to their environment and surroundings. I'm not trying to make an argument, nor am I trying to prove something. I'm questioning these claims. I am currently taking a psychology course, and it has made me rethink my... show more Because like I said, animals will change their behaviors based on circumstances related to their environment and surroundings. I'm not trying to make an argument, nor am I trying to prove something. I'm questioning these claims. I am currently taking a psychology course, and it has made me rethink my position on a lot of things. I'm sorry if it is a sensitive topic for you.
Update 5: I'm not saying homosexuality is right or wrong.
Update 6: "Scientists don't know the motive behind the homosexual tendencies of animals"

Why then would we say that animals are homosexual? What if we put the scent of a male penguin on a female penguin? Would the homosexual partner of the male penguin be attracted to the female?
Update 7: Note: I am not saying any of the stuff I have said is true, they're my theories. Based on what I have learned from behaviorism.
Update 8: A psychologist named Pavlov did a similar study with a dog and a bell. First he would ring a bell with a treat beside it to see how the dog would react After several times doing it. He found that by just ringing the bell without the treat beside it, the dog would salivate regardless. What does this have to do... show more A psychologist named Pavlov did a similar study with a dog and a bell. First he would ring a bell with a treat beside it to see how the dog would react After several times doing it. He found that by just ringing the bell without the treat beside it, the dog would salivate regardless.

What does this have to do with the penguins?
What if we put male pheromones on a female penguin. Do you think the homosexual penguin would be attracted to the female? If it was, that would indicate that the male penguin is attracted to the scent of the other male penguin. But, I do not know enough about penguins, maybe once they find a mate they stick with that mate. Some animals do that.
Update 9: Would the reactions be the same or different is where I'm getting at with that story.
Update 10: "What does this have to do with the penguins?" was a transition into ano9ther paragraph, it was not a question.