Vab asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

how do you make icing with icing sugar?

I bought icing sugar for a cake for my sisters birthday how do i make the icing?[ingredients]

Best Answer

it usually comes with instructions on the packet

Rapper's Frosting

Hershey's Kisses candies, about 20

Bar of dark chocolate

3 tablespoons butter

1/3 cup milk

Add chocolate, butter, and milk to a saucpan. Stir until butter melts on medium heat. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Pour into a bowl and place in the fridge until it cools. Next add a little more milk and whip vigorously for a few minutes until it looks like the frosting you buy at the store, except tastes a lot better!

This is the easiest homemade icing to make. It's our family's favorite.

Quick and Easy Powdered Sugar Icing

Icing Sugar is an ingredient we use in NZ and I use it all the time. Use about 1 and half cups of icing sugar, 2 tablespoon of butter and a small amount of water.

Melt the butter in a small saucepan (don't burn it just melt it gently). Remove from the heat. Add the icing sugar and about 1 teaspoon of hot water. Stir it all together. If it's too stiff add another half teaspoon to 1 tsp of hot water and stir again. Don't overdo the water because the icing will not set. You can always add a little more icing sugar though if it has become too runny. It needs to be of a thick pouring consistency that can be spread onto the cake.

Sometimes I use more butter to get a nice creamy icing sugar.

If you want chocolate flavoured icing just add 2 tablespoons of sifted cocoa to the icing sugar then add to the butter, add water and stir all together.

Spread over a cool cake.

Easy peasy.

• I made it at home long ago....and remember that I mixed the icing sugar with cream or white butter (both should be cold) . Add a pinch of salt and some flavour/essence. Then Whipp it for long time until cream is fluffy. I don't remember properly....but I think it should do the job.

To make a nice creamy icing you mix icing sugar with butter and some sort of flavouring (your choice). To find the exact recipe just look it up on the internet (google).

1 cup of icing sugar, 200ml milk, tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Heat on low pan.

• Joyce

just mix water with lemon juice add little sugar and freeze in shallow pan. every 1/2 hour scape the ice to keep it from freezing rock solid i have the snoopy icee maker!!

• Marc

i always use powdered sugar and butter, from the cow. not oleo from the factory. what is icing sugar??!? is it simply overpriced and renamed powdered sugar with 3% cornstarch?

egg,50grams butter, a tbls of water

Just add water. Until it is thick or just the way you want it.

take off the sugar