Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

Can you boost the high speed of an existing ceiling fan?

We have a beautiful ceiling fan in our master bedroom but it doesn't put out much air even on high speed. It is controlled by remote. I'd hate to change the fan but it doesn't cool enough. Is there anything I can do to increase the fan output?

Best Answer

www.turbofan.com

• wee

High Speed Ceiling Fan

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): boost high speed existing ceiling fan: https://biturl.im/fnfA3

Was the fan ever operated without a remote? There's a slim chance the remote unit was wired in wrong, which is preventing the fan from operating at top speed.

Another tip: I did this with two fans in my house. On fans that come with 5 blades, you can remove a blade which will take some of the load off the motor, helping it to spin faster. BUT...you'll have to remount the other 4 blades to make sure they're spaced correctly. Check your owner's manual. The two fans I did this on were Hampton Bay and other fans may be different. I certainly would not tamper with the motor or other internal workings.

Yes you can. All you have to do is add an extra capacitor. At least one the same as the existing one. By connecting the correct wires and joining them together. What happens is that it reduses the risistence and raises the current to the fan motor to make more powerful.

Source(s): My Experience Worked on a few of mine.

fans don't cool, they only move air which makes you feel cooler.

changing the fan is a bad idea as balance is key and even more important at higher speeds.

also, make sure the fan is spinning the right direction for summer, down. winter is up.

The speed of the motor turning the fan is regulated by a small computer chip. Its pretty much impossible to do unless you are an expert in the field. My recommendation to you is to find a new fan that spins faster, and simply swap the blades from your existing one. Unscrew one of your current blades and take it to the store to make sure it matches up. Good luck.

• Linda

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/YktIi

Does a huge bay window stop a humongous, outdoors, plastic building block thrown by a child? Yes...yes it does! But it's costly!!!

You should put two condensers to increase it's speed. I am sure the speed of your fan will be double.

Yeah

• you can increase the motor in the fan but then you risk it breaking in mid circle sending pieces everywhere so it's up to you.