Why do wrestling fans on the internet cheer heels but boo faces? and WQ?

I've been wondering this on the internet heels are the ones always loved and respected while faces are criticized everywhere. Like MVP as a heel he was loved by the fans here but ever since he turned face his number of fans on the internet reduced. Same as John Cena when he turned face he got a lot more... show more I've been wondering this on the internet heels are the ones always loved and respected while faces are criticized everywhere. Like MVP as a heel he was loved by the fans here but ever since he turned face his number of fans on the internet reduced.

Same as John Cena when he turned face he got a lot more people hating him. So tell me wrestling fans why do you think heels are so much more loved and respected than faces?

WQ: Do you like both face and heel wrestlers? Does it depends on the wrestler or is it because they're face or heel?
Update: I agree Matt some people just can't play a face at all and HHH is a perfect example he was much better off as a heel. Heels in WWE are better played out as well so i see what you mean. Thank you everyone!