Do you think Israel is quietly rooting for an Iranian Civil War?

Let me just say that I don't think the current skirmish in Iran will be of any significance for the future. It is hot right now, but it will cool of in the coming weeks. Sort of like the Tiananmen Square protests in China back in 1989. It will grab news headlines, but ultimately fail.

Anyways, in recent years (at least in terms of media coverage), both Israel and Iran have been knocking heads with Israel's right to exist, Israel aggression in the region, Iran's nuclear abilities etc...

A civil war in Iran would completely distract Iran's attention from other [evil] deeds that Israel will try to do in the region. Israel would then be Hezbollah and Hamas free. Well, at the very least both of those patriotic organizations would have a tough time re-stocking supplies and men. Israel would be (and is) chomping at the bits to drive those two organizations away from Israel and indecorously take away Palestinian lands.

So, do you think Israel is rooting for a civil war to erupt in Iran and may possibly try to catalyze it?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I doubt it

The outcome of Civil War is too unpredictable.

A much wiser course of action is to do everything possible to reduce the demand for oil to depress the price of oil.

that will reduce the amount of revenue to Iran and in turn reduce the amount of money that Iran has available to support Muslim Terrorists and buy Nuclear Weapons technology on the black market.

One of the best ways to dramatically reduce the demand for oil is to convert most of the motor vehicles in the world to run on Natural Gas.

Many countries such as The United States of America, India and China have enormous Natural Gas reserves that are many times larger than their oil reserves based on their energy content.

The obstacle to using natural gas is that most vehicles in operation are currently set up to run on gasoline and need to be converted to run on natural gas.

If Israel were to set up manufacturing plants in India and China and The United States of America to produce low cost kits to convert motor vehicles to natural gas and lobby the governments to subsidize the cost to convert vehicles to run on natural gas, the conversion could be accomplished in a relatively short time.

Without the demand for gasoline from motor vehicles, that would dramatically reduce oil exports from the Middle Eastern Oil Sheiks and would dramatically reduce the revenue that The Middle Eastern Oil Sheiks have to support Muslim Terrorism and buy Nuclear Weapons on the Black Market.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

woah, cool it down there ana. Israel has additionally had their share of assaults against harmless Palestinians which proceed rapidly and circuitously to on the instant time, they have killed lots greater Palestinians then Hamas and Hezbollah have killed Israeli's. to no longer say that Hamas and Hezbollah is in charge loose, each dying no rely if Israeli or Palestinian is severe priced. with reference to the question, particular i'm advantageous they're. Israel certainly needs Mousavi to take over administration of Iran yet i do no longer think of which will replace the conflict between Iran and Israel interior the long-term. EDIT: hitting crimson bypass and U.N help automobiles distinctive cases does not qualify as attempting to rapidly and circuitously objective Palestinian civilians? The Israeli armed forces can say sorry and declare innocence all they choose yet as a rely of certainty they did attack U.N watch posts and hit help automobiles lots so as that the crimson bypass and the U.N left the section in the time of the two confrontations with Hezbollah and Hamas. Israel in no way needed the international to work out the atrocities they have been commiting. there have been additionally many hits on "suspected objectives". Israel can say that blunders ensue and that they in no way meant to attack homes that have been packed with civillians. what's a certainty however is that Israel used its stress in an exceedingly liberal and care loose way. Atleast we are able to the two agree that the lack of ability of life on any side of the conflict is unlucky.

• 1 decade ago

Perhaps, but the Israelis are a peaceful people so they are more likely, like I am, hoping for a relatively bloodless coup. One has to remember that, in 1948, Iran was one of the first countries to recognize Israel and maintained good relations with all their neighbors (INCLUDING the USSR) until the current criminal Mullah-led one.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why quietly? Anything bad for Iran should be good for Israel.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think the Israeli's would love to see war in Iran. I bet they encouraged the Iran-Iraq war in the 80's, and they would have had some involvement in the 2 Gulf Wars. It's the old divide and rule policy. Unfortunately the Arabs are not united, they allow themselves to be distracted from fighting the real enemy... Israel.

• Dave M
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Know they would love to have us, the US, go in and destabilize Iran like we did for them in Iraq - no matter what the cost to us.

• 1 decade ago

don't know about israel but i'd like to see one there and in north korea

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't know about Israel, but I am!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Israel is not the problem, nice try.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think most people are, but the US should stay out if it (while funneling weapons to pro-reform militias).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.