Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

How long would it be in my system?

I don't smoke pot very often (less than 15 times in my life, and I'm 21 now) but I did almost exactly 3 weeks ago. Today, I was getting a physical for life insurance and they took a blood sample and were going to test it for HIV, hepatitus, and drugs, etc. I'm wondering if they will detect the pot in the blood if it can be at all, or if it would be gone by now. If they did find it, would I get in trouble/would they report me, or would they just refuse my life insurance application thing? Don't tell me to lay off--I haven't done it that much, and don't tell me how disspointed you are in me--I don't care. Please just answer my question for 10 points!

• Laredo
    Favorite Answer

The THC (plant resin or tetrohydrocannibal, THC) is stored in your pancreas. The length of time is determined by the amount you smoked at the time, usually from 30-90 days. It may not show up if you have only a urine test but, because THC is stored in the pancreas, it will show up in the blood for a longer period of time. Since you smoke infrequently, you may get lucky and dodge the bullet.

Insurance companies don't get into reporting anyone who tests positive for drugs, they are dealing with you and you are the person they will notify whether you were insured or rejected for life insurance.

Source(s): Me -- Ph.D Psychology, University of Alabama. Certified to teach Drug Abuse Education.

usually it stays in your urine within the last 30 days blood however I have no clue I know they won't report you though the worse thing that could happen is that they refuse your application honestly don't sweat it because you could fight it and say your mom cooks alot with poppy seeds. poppy seeds shows up on a drug test as THC. it may not even show up because you not a repeated user like everyday its just occasionally.good luck

Dont worry about it. It should be completely out of your system by now.

don't sweat it