How to solve windows XP Registry Error STOP 0x00000051?

Ok so every time i start up my computer i get the registry error of STOP 0x00000051 i have tried many things to get it fixed i used registry mechanic installed the Microsoft hotfix.... nothing seems to work there's only one option left as i see it is reformat which i would rather do something else to fix this... show more Ok so every time i start up my computer i get the registry error of STOP 0x00000051 i have tried many things to get it fixed i used registry mechanic installed the Microsoft hotfix.... nothing seems to work there's only one option left as i see it is reformat which i would rather do something else to fix this problem.

Iam running Windows XP SP3

(the only way i have fixed this problem temporayly is everytime i get registry error i force shut down and start up again so it gives me the options of start windows normaly start safe mode or start last known good condition and i choose last known good condition and it seems to work ok but once i close my computer and open it again i have to rinse and repeat... i have also tried system restore but i didn't work

maybe you guys could help me Thanks in advance