Ok, i've lost my mind and am asking another question on the cupcake permission slip:?

if you think it's absurd that parents should sign permission slips stating whether or not it's okay with them if their child ate cupcakes at school parties, are you okay with it if another parent brings in soda to school parties and serves it to your kindergartener? are you okay with it if another parent... show more if you think it's absurd that parents should sign permission slips stating whether or not it's okay with them if their child ate cupcakes at school parties, are you okay with it if another parent brings in soda to school parties and serves it to your kindergartener? are you okay with it if another parent brings in coffee to school parties and serves it to your kindergartner? are you okay with it if another parent brings in large servings of prune juice and feeds it to your kindergartner?

if you're okay with your child eating cupcakes, great; that's probably why you're anti-permission slip. some parents aren't okay with their child eating cupcakes. shouldn't that be their decision just as you are entitled to decisions on what your child can eat? is there a reason why every child in the school classroom has to be served what one child wants for his birthday, whether the parents approve or not?

would you even dream of handing random kids at the playground whatever snack your child brought that day without asking their parents first? if not, why is school so different?
Update: lol. what does it mean when you get four stars and no answers? come on guys: i know you disagree with me and even though that makes you wrong ;-) i still want your answers or i wouldn't have asked.
Update 2: chickenfarmer: she wanted there to be permission slips signed by the parents about whether their children could have cupcakes at school parties.
Update 3: MaxPower: in point of fact, my child's eating a cupcake will kill her, as she has a severe food allergy. but if someone else has a different reason why they don't want their child eating a particular food, i think that should be respected, too. and absent the permission slip or something similar, parents... show more MaxPower: in point of fact, my child's eating a cupcake will kill her, as she has a severe food allergy. but if someone else has a different reason why they don't want their child eating a particular food, i think that should be respected, too. and absent the permission slip or something similar, parents will have no idea whether the foods being served to their kids by other parents are things they'd approve of or not.
Update 4: yadda (and then i'll stop with the edits, sorry): isn't it the parent who decides what my kid eats during at school who is trying to be grand supreme ruler of somebody else? i'm all for letting other people's kids eat what they want. why do they have to make the parenting decision for me? coffee... show more yadda (and then i'll stop with the edits, sorry): isn't it the parent who decides what my kid eats during at school who is trying to be grand supreme ruler of somebody else? i'm all for letting other people's kids eat what they want. why do they have to make the parenting decision for me? coffee is over-the-top for you (and most of us; that's why i chose it). sugar is over-the-top for some people. aren't they entitled to that decision?