Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Craigslist horror stories?

am thinking of using craigslist's casual encounters forum to find someone for a fling but I am nervous. I do NOT want advice on how to meet this person, I only want stories aout using craigslist. Were you robbed? were the people creepy? I am looking forward to hearing horror stories! lol

I DON'T WANT ADVICE JUST STORIES CAN YOU READ

HOW CAN I MAKE THIS ANY CLEARER -- DON'T POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A STORY TO TELL

Favorite Answer

You don't watch the news, do you?

http://wcco.com/local/katherine.ann.olson.2.461959...

http://www.mahalo.com/craigslist-murder

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/06/0...

I believe it is only a matter of time before Craigslist catches the eye of the White House and Congress and they sic the Attorney General on them.

Stolen property, drugs, rape, murder, pornography, prostitution, pedophilia; all have found a way onto craigslist. If craigslist doesn't figure out how to filter out all the crap like Ebay does, they are going to get shut down.

Personally, I like craigslist for the ease of advertising locally goods, services and pets.I have used it several times to give away unwanted furniture and sell items. I hope they tighten up their ship.

• tubbs

Craigslist Casual Encounter Stories

There were a lot of robberies around central fla a few years ago with craigslist...I'd suggest you meet her in a public place...the MO for the robberies were she'd meet the guy at his house and walk in and like one minute later a group of guys would bust in and rob you...good luck

Any dating internet site you run the risk of getting a creep. If you do find someone then I would a. have that person meet you in a public place on multiple dates b. do not give personal information. c. do a background check on that individual.

I think as long as you use common sense you'll be fine.

I've only used Craigslist to buy a few items, and I've never been in a scary situation. I've actually met quite a few families who we still contact because we clicked.

paintings from house is a scam. Dont meet with that guy or woman! I advise you relist your advert and be greater particular interior the 2d advert. Say what paintings you're able and keen to do (atypical jobs? domicile projects? childcare? panorama/exterior paintings? shape paintings? etc). Dont merely say paintings for funds! human beings opt to hire somebody who lists particular skills and jobs they are able to do like day laborer, heavy lifting, etc. record journey you have yet dont be particular. which includes record issues you have performed yet dont publicly submit what companies you worked for earlier.

• kelley

I was told a police friend,that they monitor it constantly,it's been on tv,about women using it for prostitution,and their is a guy on the way to prison now,for meeting 3 women on their,he raped them.So if it is a man/woman you want,I wouldn't do it on the computer,guys stalk women and kill them.GO TO MYSPACE

Source(s): JUS ME

all i can say is, meet the person in a PUBLIC area and never give out your real name at first.

Can you provide more details?