What do the different colors mean in regards to stock volume?

Every stock chart out there has volume at the bottom. I have a good idea what the volume means and what it stands for, but I am confused on the colors of the volume bars. What is the difference between a red/green/black bar. I assumed that a green bar meant volume was increasing and red meant that it is decreasing, is that correct? And what does a black bar mean? Thanks,

Favorite Answer

In the red/green/black configuration:

Green is up volume

Red is down volume

Black no price change (open/close price was the same)

Study the closing prices. On days that the stock price closes lower than the previous day closing, the volume bar is RED. On days that the price closes higher than the previous day, the volume bar is GREEN. Therefore, you can actually get a red volume bar on a green price bar day, and vise versa. Days of neutral color bars are days in which the closing prices of the two days are exactly the same. I personally see little, if any value in these color schemes. (But then, I have only been trading about seven years.)

• The relative height of the volume bar determines the actual volume. Therefore, a red bar can be much higher than the previous green bar, and vice versa. ....... J. Coleman

Learn the top advanced strategies for Penny Stock Trading to make massive amounts of money in today's market safely https://tr.im/pennystockguide

This website will take your Penny Stock Trading to the next level. You will learn the most modern and up to date strategies and techniques to make massive amounts of gains with the Penny Stock Market.

Ehm..

Penny stocks, also known as cent stocks in some countries, are common shares of small public companies that trade at low prices per share. They are notoriously risky but if you follow a special method I've learned you can earn good money at almost no risk. This is the site I use: http://pennystocks.toptips.org

I definitely recommend subscribing to this site in particular. Very good research, quality stocks. I was a bit weary of penny stocks from all the bad hype they receive but this guy is pretty legit. He's put my mind at ease with a lot of the fears I've had. I especially like that he doesn't send out announcements left and right. I've signed up for other websites that fill my in-box with one company after the other. I don't know where to even start with so many choices in front of me! Nathan sends me one idea a week and that's all I need. Working so many hours during the week leaves me with very little time when I get home to start doing tons of penny stock research. I'm always eager to see what Nathan's next suggestion is each Friday and I love having time on the weekend to do my research.

As said above if you want to make money with penny stocks you have to follow some proven methods. This one in my opinion is the best: http://pennystocks.toptips.org

Cheers.

1

green means the closing price was higher than the opening price,

red means the closing price was lower than the opening price

the closing price of the previous day is not the same as today's opening price, although sometimes it could be.

You would have to ask the designer of the platform. Mine has no colours. It can't mean anything that significant- just like the red and blue trade prices- means nothing really.

Thanks walt17jr

Mine has yellow instead of black but that answered the question perfectly for me. There is just the odd yellow compared to red and green

Great point, I'm interested to know more too

red-stop

yellow-wait

green-go