how to get rid of silverfish?!?!?!?

does anyone know how to get rid of silverfish....they are in the bedroom and bathroom also in the living room i am killing a few everynight with insect spray. we clean our apartment every other day so its not dirty....just wondering if anyone knew of anything to get rid of them completly as it is really starting to annoy me...any help appreciated~!!!!!!xxx

Favorite Answer

I get silverfish too even though we are clean... Southern California gets them a lot I guess...

Anyway... I tried those "Silverfish killer" packets that they are supposed to eat and that kills them... doesnt work.

I just smash them really good when I find them.

I use some serious shell strength and spread that bastard all over the place!

I bend that freakin things knees into its chest!

I show him an hourglass or something and steal his bloody soul!

I possess the frick out of that SOB and then brick him in his stupid face!

I bite his legs right the hell off his body and then namp his head into a furnace or something.

I roar and then skewer the little pest with a hacksaw and then eat some lettuce!

Any and all of these methods work.

There is a spray called ORTHO-MAX HOME DEFENSE it's sold at most hardware and big box stores.. It's NOT expensive under $20 for a gallon sized container w/ sprayer... Spray the inside/outside perimeter of your home... Around doors, windows, behind appliances, Put any cardboard boxes up and out of reach and spray along the perimeter of your basement or crawl space.. Silverfish LOVE damp places and cardboard or books... So, you may find that running a dehumidifer and fans in your basement may help get rid of any dampness.... The spray last 6 months so use it 2x a yr. at least... I have a ranch styled home that's about 1,700 sq. ft. and a gallon lasts us yrs....! It also gets rid of spiders, ants, roaches, ladybugs, and other small pests...

Good luck

the best thing I have found to do professionally is to hang a couple of Prozap pest strips in the attic especially above problem areas... really slows them down....would think other pest strips would do the same If by chance the house has wooden shingles they will be a constant pest. Moisture is not so much an issue as they are content with just high humidity

Seven's Dust does it. You have to sprinkler it around the baseboards but keep children and pets out of it.

call the terminator!