Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 1 decade ago

Is there any possible way of making 2+2=5?

32 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Hm....

Use math logic if:

If table logic:

T T = T(rue)

T F = F(alse)

F T = F(alse)

F F = T(alse)

if x={1,2,4,5,...} then 2+2=5

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Yes, 2+2=4 usually, but thinking outside the box can result in 2+2=5 all you need to do is this:

1+2=3

2+2=4

There is no 1 in 2+2 but carrying one can result in 5

• 5 years ago

Well you can Try adding 2 1/2 to 2 1/5. It would be 5. 2 + 2 = 4, and 1/2 + 1/2 = 2/2 AKA 1 whole. Now add the 4 and 1 and you got 5.

• Sarah5 years agoReport

oh wait I mean Well you can Try adding 2 1/2 to 2 1/2. It would be 5. 2 + 2 = 4, and 1/2 + 1/2 = 2/2 AKA 1 whole. Now add the 4 and 1 and you got 5.

• 3 years ago

Let s start with some arbitrary variables a and b where a = b =/= 0

Multiply both sides by a then subtract b^2 (a^2 - b^2 = ab - b^2)

Factorize both sides so you have (a-b)(a+b) = b(a-b)

Divide both sides by (a-b) so you have a+b=b

Now a = b so substitute to get b+b=b

Therefore 2b=b

Divide both sides by b to get 2 = 1 then add 3 on both sides

4 = 5 therefore 2+2 = 5

Make sure to read the full Wikipedia article and make sure to understand it (if you do not ask others (friends, family, maths teacher) to explain to you)... This is one of the most important principles in maths that should be known by all mathematicians, physicists and computer scientists (or anyone with grade 4 or so maths, just obviously not in the fancy form found above).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Yeah. Just abuse a mathematical axiom with faulty logic.

Axiom: n^0 = 1 (Any number n raised to the power 0 equals 1)

Therefore: 1^0 = 2^0.

Simplify by removing exponents: 1=2

Let's add 3 to both sides. 4=5.

2+2 = 4 = 5.

2+2 = 5.

• 6 years ago

I saw this question on the following webpage:

http://people.co.uk/26-stupid-question-people-have...

it bothered me. Thus....

1. if x=1.999...infinity, then 10x=19.999...infinity. Subtracting 10x from x gives 9x=18. Dividing both sides results in x=2.

Also proven as...

2. 1/9=0.111...?. 2/9=0.222..... 3/9=0.333......9/9= 0.999...? or 1?

Basically numbers are not a concrete thing and irrational numbers do exist.

Having said that shifting 0.999999recurring to 1 is somewhat different than shifting 4 to 5, though it is not as stupid a question as may have been assumed.

• 4 years ago

there is an awesome of making this work...... so if you just look at 2+2 now take away the plus sign and now you have 2 2 so now what number is that..... (for those of you who are confused the number is 22) now you have to take the 22nd letter of the Alphabet (once again of you cant think of that right away it is V. finally what is V in Roman Numerals..... 5 so with all that being said 2+2 can equal 5

• 4 years ago

I saw this on http://www.pcworld.com/article/184999/strange_ques... but to be honest as a programmer this kinda annoyed me because this question is not dumb. Lets say theres a programming language that allows me to modify constants, now i let X be "the first number in order of the expression used to create X" and Y as "the second number in order of the expression used to create Y". Now we change 4 to a variable that equals (4+X)-(X/Y). Then 2+2 = 4 = (4+2)-(2/2) = 5. Voila 2+2=5.

• borja
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

There are some techniques that 2+2 can equivalent 5. The proff that's pronounced precise right here has a branch by using potential of 0 blunders in it. nonetheless, a professional evidence might comprise the use of infinity (a conceptual math ingredient) particularly merely positioned 2+2+INF = 5+INF consequently 2+2=5. Dividing by infinity should not be expressly prohibited, nonetheless, proofs in no way use infinity in them like that. the only valid technique is utilising quantity theory. selection concept is the muse of our mathematical technique particularly merely positioned numbers advance or de-improve in a team trend in accordance with spacing in a quantity line. one million+one million=2 one million+2=3 and various others.... yet, the numbers assigned are arbitrary. We use one million,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 etc..... you need to use yet yet another sequence and all your math may be precise in that sequence. So if we use one million,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,10 then in our sequence 2+2=5. there is likewise yet another fuzzy way utilising exponent of 0. It of course says that (2+2)^0 = 5^0 as a result 2+2=5 any quantity ^0 =one million so the above is all ideal. utilising this you additionally can create something out of no longer something. 0^0 = one million..... as quickly as greater, it extremely is recognized that this isn't any longer ideal math, in spite of the undeniable fact that it does adjust to the coolest judgment of evidence to a level. interior the top, there's a innovations-set using the arrival concept, yet I in my opinion do no longer under stand it. That has the backside of : one million/3 = .33333-> 2/3 = .66666-> for this reason one million = .99999-> Now, because of the certainty those 2 isn't particularly equivalent it extremely is pronounced that .99999 -> techniques one million For math applications however, we call them equivalent. The evidence has to do with multiplying on that countless separation different than you get a community of one million, that's what you may desire to get 2+2 to equivalent 5. wish I puzzled... Er helped. :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is one werid way. I've read somewhere that some people have devised an adding method using knots.

Imagine 2 small ropes which has 2 knots, one on each end. Now, join both ropes by tying them in a knot in the middle. So 2 knots + 2 knots = 5 knots (2+2=5)

• 1 decade ago

This is an easy one...

2+2 = (5 -1)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.