promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How many bands are there in the world?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are about 7,000,000 bands on Myspace(a recent survey was conducted). So, there might be around 8,000,000. Out of which 7,999,000 Suck.

• Shannon M6 years agoReport

Clarify the parameters. How many bands are there that A: have at least one published album or have music for sale (i.e. iTunes, Amazon download) B: Have been together for at least one year C: Have toured or performed more than 20 times D: The members get 100% of their earning from music

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

• 1 decade ago

Counting local/pub/cafe bands, school bands, garage bands...the ones who didn't make it mainstream and then the ones who did/do make it, uhh....probably thousands.

Is this also counting bands from the past? Cause then it would probably be more like...a million.

Also depends what kind of band your talking about. It could be a rock band. A boy band. A jazz band. Etc.

Either way, there is no possible way to know the exact number.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

to many to count, there are always small bands that are getting started, for instance my buddies down in Grandview where doing good until they broke up. They almost had a record deal going in under a year. But yea like I said, not possible to answer that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

GOOGLE IT! if you count small bands like my band that'll probably never make it then there's a **** load

• 1 decade ago

5,938,275, precisely.

Oh...never mind, an Alternative Rock band just formed in Dallas, now it's 5,938, 276.

• 1 decade ago

You're kidding right?

• 1 decade ago

prob impossible to calculate .. i would say millions

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You're joking .

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

...hang on, I'll just do a personal survey, will you fund my "Round The World" cruise - oh, please?!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.