External Hard Drives between Mac and PC?

I work between PC and Mac computers constantly. I save everything on my external hard drive. The problem is the format to be able to do this (FAT) only lets me put in small gigs of data, I can't exceed a certain limit and sometimes I need to transfer large amounts of data between the two systems so I was wondering is there another alternative that can let me do this?

Why do these two companies have to always make themselves incompatible to each other? If the were compatible I could buy more stuff from each, it would be better business sense in my opinion.

Favorite Answer

Network the two together maybe... I don't know if this is possible but it may be. If it is you could just transfer files between the two computers over the network.

If you have the computer skills (or know someone who does) you could set up a ftp server too on each computer. This method might not be the easiest but it would work.

No alternative at this time. Sucks I know. FAT32 is about the only thing you can use right now...

Windows cant handle HFS and Mac cant fully handle NTFS.