good kids/preteen chapter books to read for the summer.?
Hi I want some good books to read for the summer I already know
a wrinkle in time
the shadow children
the sisters Grimm
Please no twilight,harry potter,or any creepy/scary books.
p.s. No super Girlish books either please.
- MelissaLv 51 decade agoFavorite Answer
Laura Ruby has some excellent books. The Wall and the Wing and The Chaos King are part of a two book series (they're also great books).
- Well Wished by Franny Billingsley
- Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
- Into the Wild by Sarah Beth Durst (first book in a series)
- The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
- Books by Pauline Fisk (Midnight Blue; The Secret of Sabrina Fludde)
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine (this one has some great characters)
- The Boy on a Black Horse by Nancy Springer