Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionOther - Television · 1 decade ago

How do you get a job like Samantha Brown's from the travel channel?

And I'm so not even being facetious!!

I think traveling is one of life's greatest privileges! And I think that I like to work with acting and love cameras and have had a lot of speaking experience.

What do you think I should do or who to talk to in order to at least work my way up to such a position? Or at least host of some sort of travel show, like Andrew Zimmern's "bizarre foods!"

I mean I know it's not nearly as easy as it looks, there's a lot of prep work, rehearsing, and a lot they won't tell you. However, I think it would be a very rewarding job and a great learning experience while getting camera experience :)

What do you think?

Thanks :)

Favorite Answer

Ask to visit the set of the Travel Channel and other similar channels. Go see television shows filmed. There are different competitions where people compete to get on the show, check the websites often. Send them an email. Write them a letter with your photo. Get an image coach who can help you improve your appearance and the way you come across to others on film, etc. Write emails and letters to the hosts and ask them how they got their big break.

• cilley

i assume like a video journalist? i heard her technique call someplace in spite of the undeniable fact that can no longer extremely remember. i do no longer usually say this, in spite of the undeniable fact that... if i may be somebody interior the total complete international it may be her!!!