My bank did a huge Mistake and now they changed all my transactions on my online login what should i do?

if u know alot about banks AIM me please at Borda811 or email me and ill explain Borda811@yahoo.com or gmail

Update:

Im gunna put it in easy form but not the nexact money

300 i had

used 230

70 left

i used 80

-10 +-35 charge

they gave money back fomr the 230 transation purchase

and now its -45 + 230(230 im thinking they returend my product i bought online)

185 LEFT

i used 170 w/ 5 transactions

15 left

charged me again -230

now i have -215 plus all those 5 transaactions they gave me a 35 charge for all

they should of just waited till i paid the -45

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Basically, the banks will generally do everything in their power to screw you and profit from your slip-ups, so next time assume nothing, Verify every transaction and keep better track of your balances in the future.

Also, if these transactions happened in the order that you stated, you should only have 2 $35 charges, not 7. The best way to handle this is in person and speak to a bank manager at the bank. I wouldn't leave until they fix it, but definitely make sure that you are calm and polite. If they still refuse to fix it, time for another bank. I suggest a credit union.

Heather, I can't believe that a Bank of America employee wrote, "Perhaps you should have kept better track of your money and not spent money you did not have." That's really ironic, considering that within a year or two, "Bank of America" will be a description, not just a name.

[Edit] Heather wrote: "I don't understand why anyone would assume a charge was returned on an ONLINE transaction. That is ignorant and therefore the fees are accurate."

Banks can charge fees for overdrafts, but not for ignorance,

According to the Questioner, there were three bank transactions associated with the online purchase: $230 debit, $230 credit, and another $230 debit. There were only TWO overdrafts: after the $80 charge and after the second $230 charge. There was $170 in the account to cover the other five purchases made AFTER the $230 credit.

two overdrafts -> two overdraft charges

Unless you are using Bank of America New Math Accounting.

Source(s): http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AgB5L... "I work for Bank of America" Can I take back a thumbs up?
  • 1 decade ago

well, it sounds like this is YOUR mistake, not the banks. A lot of times when you use your debit card for online purchases, they take the amount out to make sure you have the funds and then it puts it back in until the item is shipped and then it takes it out again. More than likely this is what happened and you mistook that for your charge being returned (which does not happen online, only checks can be returned. Charges can be declined, but not returned.) So basically you owe the bank because your purchase is paid for, along with the $170 worth of other purchases you made and then the overdraft fees. Why would you just assume the online transaction was returned without verifying it first?? Also, they cannot "just wait" until you pay your negative balance. There is not a person sitting around waiting until you fix YOUR mistake to then let your other transactions go through. Perhaps you should have kept better track of your money and not spent money you did not have.

By the Numbers- I never said I worked for Bank of America. I said I work for A bank. I don't understand why anyone would assume a charge was returned on an ONLINE transaction. That is ignorant and therefore the fees are accurate.

Source(s): I work for a bank.
  • rtfm
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

What do you mean, they "made a huge mistake" and "changed all your online transactions"? We need details before we maybe can figure out what's going on.

Have you talked to anyone at the bank about this?

• Hollie
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I highly recommend contacting your bank and see if they can straighten it out. Good luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.