was it hard for you to part with your wedding "stuff" after the divorce?

We have no children (Thank you Jesus) so there is no one to pass it down to. But it's all so pretty.....

• Ocimom
    Favorite Answer

Nope - I kept a few pictures (mainly of myself and me/parents and one group picture. The rest were tossed. My ex's mother had pictures - they can keep them.

For me... There wasn't much. There are photos. There are engraved bits used for the reception meal.

I have chosen not to get rid of these things; but I don't keep them in my home, it's not something I wish to dwell on.

In my situation, it wasn't too hard. My ex made things very easy in that way. She had some emotional illness' that she refused to address through her prescriptions, and her family was very supportive of me during that time. They honestly wondered how I could put up with it for that long. They were good people, and while I never said anything negative, they openly acknowledged that she is not a good-natured person.

For me, I left the marriage knowing that while it was painful, I had dedicated MUCH of my heart and soul, as well as much of my time to preserving it. So when things just *could not* be made to work, I was able to leave with a completely clear conscience. I had given my best possible effort, and she had given none. The bridge of relationship repair had always been extended from my side, and I couldn't make her choose to do the same.

If you've got a clean cut from this, and you've done no wrong, it won't be 'easy'. But it will heal much faster.

I wish you well.

It's still in there from when Protestants were Catholics and Henry VIII of England established the Protestant Church because he wanted a divorce, which the Catholic Church wouldn't allow. Obviously someone decided to leave the death part even though divorce was available as an option to death.

No, I wanted the memories gone with most of the things. I gave away some things, threw away other and sold a few for a cheap price so they could be gone. But things without a memory which were few I still have.

Not at all. I threw most of it away, just because I didn't want to see it anymore. Some of the more useful things, like dishes and stuff, I kept. You could always just box it up and put it in storage until you really decide what to do with it.

Craigslist is the best place to sell your old wedding stuff and get rid of the memories associated with it. Good luck.