Yohomieyo asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

Why am I the only person in the world who red lipstick doesn't look good on?

Am I just using the wrong shade or red isn't my color?

I am an arabic girl who has olive toned skin.

Best Answer

you arent the only girl chicka hahaha

TONS of girls dont look good with it, and its not always a good color

find a shade that goes with your skin tone and it could possibly be a color that doesnt look good on the girls who wear the red lip stick haha :)

You are using the wrong shade.

Even if your lipstick is slightly off for your skin tone, it will make things look bad.

Go to a department store and ask them to help you find the shade for you. Then you will know what to look for.

That is the reason red lipstick can look trashy on people - they have the absolutely wrong shade. So don't go bagging on red lipstick, since it's the girls' faults, NOT the lipstick.

hmm maybe not bright red try dark red. go to a mall or something and they usually have those make up stands and ask if you they can recommend a shade of red lipstick that would be good for you.

red looks good with olive toned skin in my opinion. is it just that you don't think you look good with it or is it a fact?

if you don't like it, then maybe by choosing the right color of clothing might help.

Don't put on so much and go for a deeper shade. Loud red lipstick looks bad on most girls. Try going to the beauty counter at a place like Macy's- they can show you your best shade.

However, I think most women look best with light lip gloss or nothing at all. Be proud of your natural lips! :)

Tell me about it!

I have light-ish skin and dark hair.

I think it's maybe the shape of my lips? Who knows. Haha.

My best friend has olive toned skin and red lipstick looks great on her.

Maybe it's just you who thinks that.

Try it out!

Hope his helped ;]

You may be using the wrong tone, try a deep red, like a dark cherry kinda colour perhaps.

I have light skin, and red lipstick looks horrible on me!! I use light pink or corals. For you I would suggest a light pink, or more of a mauve pink!!

Personally i don't think red lipstick looks good on any one except celebs. i think it looks too over the top for just day to day life

It looks horrible on me. You're not alone.

There's actually very few women that can pull of red lipstick without looking like a prostitute.

Don't sweat it.