What are things you should say before or after Salaah?

Like for example, you know how it says to read Ayat Al-Kursi after Salaah so that when the angel of death takes out your rooh(soul) so it wont be painful?

well can someone tell me more extra things like that and also something that'll help motivate me to pray Salaah more because I pray everyday and most of the time 5x but I need something that'll help me pray all 5. Any motivation or something. And also maybe a couple of duahs for easy traveling on a Safar or any duah in particular that might help me.

Jazakamullahu Khairan

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can recite this dua before Fajr:

O God,

To Thee belongs praise for the sky Thou hast split into dawn for us, giving us to enjoy thereby the brightness of daytime, showing us sought-after nourishments, and protecting us from the striking of blights.

In the morning we and all things, every one, rise for Thee, the heaven and the earth and what Thou hast scattered in each, the still and the moving, the resident and the journeying, what towers up in the air and what hides under the ground.

We rise in the morning in Thy grasp: Thy kingdom and authority contain us and Thy will embraces us. We move about by Thy command and turn this way and that through Thy governing.

We own nothing of the affair except what Thou hast decreed and nothing of the good except what Thou hast given.

This is a fresh, new day, over us a ready witness. If we do good, it will take leave from us with praise, and if we do evil, it will part from us in blame.

Dua for before/after prayer:

O God,

I seek refuge in Thee from the agitation of craving,

the violence of wrath,

the domination of envy,

the frailty of patience, the lack of contentment,

surliness of character,

urgency of passion,

the disposition to vehemence,

following caprice,

opposing guidance,

the sleep of heedlessness,

undertaking the toilsome,

preferring falsehood over truth,

persisting in sin,

making little of disobedience,

making much of obedience,

vying with the wealthy,

disparaging the poor,

guarding badly over those in our hands,

failing to thank those who have done good to us,

aiding a wrongdoer,

abandoning someone troubled,

wanting what is not rightfully ours,

and speaking about knowledge without knowing.

We seek refuge in Thee from harboring dishonesty toward anyone, being pleased with our works, and stretching out our expectations.

We seek refuge in Thee from

ill-mindedness,

looking down on the small,

Satan's gaining mastery over us,

time's afflicting us,

and the sovereign's oppressing us.

We seek refuge in Thee from acting with prodigality and not having sufficiency.

We seek refuge in Thee from the gloating of enemies, indigent need for equals, living in hardship, and dying without readiness.

We seek refuge in Thee from

the most dreadful remorse,

the greatest affliction,

the most wretched wretchedness,

the evil end to the journey,

the deprivation of reward,

and the advent of punishment.

Dua for travellers:

That you may firmly sit on their backs, then remember the favor of your Lord when you are firmly seated thereon, and say: Glory be to Him Who made this subservient to us and we were not able to do it. And surely to our Lord we must return.

Have a pleasant day :-) ♥

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

As-Salaamu Alaikum

There are so many thing we can do to have a more perfect salah, or for that matter to be better (more God-fearing) Muslims. For now all I can do is recommend the book, Fortress of the Muslim: Invocations from the Qur'an and Sunnah. Compiled by Darussalam.

It is an excellent little book with du'a for....

...when you wake up

...when you get dressed

...entering the restroom

...upon completing ablution

...upon hearing the Adhan

...for the beginning of prayer

...after completing prayer

...words of remembrance for morning and evening

...and much more

And remember, Du'a is the weapon of the Muslim

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are lots of good websites that will help you...I've seen other users give the links so they can help you inshallah.

To help you motivate, just think everytime that this could be the last prayer you ever do and you want to pray to Allah (swt) to repent and praise him. Also, think that it takes so little of your time; the same amount of time that you could be spendin doing something pointless. Your life is never guaranteed and every prayer could be your last.

Read Ayat-ul-Kursi every night before you go to sleep.

• 1 decade ago

Sister you should know that Salat is the first thing that muslim punish for .Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) said "The person that observes prayer properly, the prayer itself, blesses him with good wishes."

According to a hadith a companion of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) came to him one day and asked him "What is the thing that Allah (s.w.t.) loves most?" Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) replied "The thing that Allah (s.w.t.) loves most is when his people pray salah on time."

Salah is the most excellent prayer one can do and Islam without Salah is not thinkable. One cannot seperate hotness from fire, nor can one seperate Salah from a Muslim. Like that it is a must that the sun rises for daylight , for a person to consider himself as a Muslim, as well doing all the necessary deeds, they must pray Salah, and the best way would be, to pray on time.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.