Is the United Nations mankinds only hope for salvation as some religious leaders have claimed?

Many religious leaders have claimed and praised the UN for being mankinds only/last hope for true peace. Some even saying its God's Kingdom. Does the Bible shed light on this?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Which religious leaders, precisely, have ever said that? (Don't forget, you said "only hope".) All Christian leaders know that Jesus Christ is mankind's only hope for salvation. They may also think that certain man-made institutions are helpful towards temporal peace, but that is not in the same category as "salvation".

I once read comments from a small denomination, implying that "Christendom's clergy ...are willing and eager to point to the United Nations organization as the means by which mankind will gain the peace and security that only God's Messianic kingdom can bring." When I checked out the origins of this claim, that same denomination had originally said that it was the Federal Council of Churches of Christ in America that had said the LEAGUE of Nations was "the political expression of God's kingdom on earth". That had been in 1919! But this Council had only offered its support in writing for setting up a League of Nations. Yet this Council's critics, from then on, kept up the inflated suggestion that all of Christendom was guilty of blasphemy! Chinese whispers?

Jesus said, "Blessed are the peace-makers". To the extent that any political, man-made institution tries to help the cause of peace on this planet, it is to be supported by Christians.

Source(s): Watchtower magazine 15 January 1974 p 52 Babylon The Great Has Fallen book, p 531 Then Is Finished The Mystery of God book p 175
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sure.

Why not?

Look in the real world.

Decode this lyrics " You'll see "

"Without you"

Can any living human kind survive in the real world without guidance of God in time?

Living examples on what had happened to the lost generation " The Candle in the wind" in time.

Do we continue living with " My way" and " Walk away" in " Changing Partner" when we are the living and not the dead yet in time?

All the glory for the dead Mummy?

Luke 21.30-36

Luke 6.39-40,41-45,46-49

Luke 9.25,55-56,60

Luke 8.5-8,10-17

Luke 4.4

Genesis 11.1,3-9

Revelation 16.14

Luke 22.3-6

Luke 4.4-7

Luke 3.7-9

Exodus 1.5

John 8.44

Luke 16.13

Matt 23.27

Luke 10.24

Luke 19.9-10

Matt 7.15-27

Matt 27.29,37

Exodus 23.2432

Revelation 22.13-17

Luke 9.27

Exodus 20.5

Luke 21.8

Luke 24.44-45,47-48

John 7.19

Exodus 20.1-7

Exodus 20.12

Exodus 20.1-18

Exodus 24.12

Exodus 19.5

Exodus 18.20

Matt 1.17

Revelation 17 - 20

Matt 22.17-21,32

What do you think?

Source(s): decoded from the missing x-files.
  • 1 decade ago

I have yet to hear any Jewish, Muslim or Christian leader praise the UN as the last hope of mankind.

Who said this a scientologist? (snicker)

• 1 decade ago

If the UN is our only hope for salvation, I won't hold my breath waiting for it. What a bunch of incompetent fools.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, it just gives world leaders a nice warm building to bicker in.

• 1 decade ago

I have never heard one religious leader say that. Who? Source?

• 1 decade ago

Salvation is for princesses and those too weak to do it themselves.

Perhaps we should worry less about some mystical being "saving us" for our sorry ways and start working to correct those ways ourselves. Nothing is more empowering than self-sufficiency.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its a hope for peace as only a one world government could offer....if by peace you mean many, many scattered insurgencies

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Anything that has to do with religion is false, so there, I hope that answers your question

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the UN is one giant ponzie scheme and should never be listened to again.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.