Jehovah's Witnesses, if a person disassociated himself/herself from the congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses ?

Are they looked upon as disassociating themselves from Jehovah, God or just the Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses? Also can a person still love Jehovah, God and follow him and be loyal to him without being associated with the Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Zanzibar

A quick question, what to you call all the people that enter into your Kingdom hall, a group of people or your congregation?

Hannah J Paul

I like the way you put it. You really don't need any organization, just Jehovah. The organization gets in the way of that sometimes, ok, a lot of times. Love for Jehovah comes through an Organization only? What a controllable concept.

Favorite Answer

I'm living proof that I have always loved God but my life has been a mess since associating myself with this fabricated organization.

When I was leaving the cult about 8 to 9 months ago, there were witlessness calling me and I would just give them a little insight on what was actually going on, the fraud, the sexual inappropriateness, forgeries, slander, lies, thievery and racism amongst just some of the hypocrisy and horrificness I witnessed, and how I went to the society and was told "You don't want to be a whiner or complainer do you"? -- well, when I told these seemingly nice people why I was not going back to the congregation or the organization, BUT THAT I LOVED GOD VERY MUCH --- their response was always the robotic programmed one:

"Oh, Jehovah will take care of all".

"Don't give up on Jehovah".

"Jehovah sees what's going on and he'll take care of it".

"Don't blame Jehovah, now".

My response to them was that I will never give up on "GOD" and I didn't use the word Jehovah; I used God. I said it's these people that I blame and who are not from God at all. They abuse the scriptures especially the ones stating that "we are imperfect and we must always be forgiving to our brothers and sisters".

They also abuse the scripture about not being hypocrites and not noticing the log in your own eye instead of the rafter in your brother/sister's eye".

I love God, but the witlessness feel that when you leave their cult that you are denouncing their Oh mighty Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah.... They are too brainwashed to realize that the orgnization is seeped in hypocrisy and other serious ungodly, even criminal acts and that some of the previously duped, got smart and got out from under this falsehood of beliefs.

The overwhelming hypocrisy is what got me started to research the klan because I knew something was wrong and the klan wasn't giving me any answers. All the times I went to the kingdom hall to learn but the elders were kissing me in my mouth, committing slander, lying, cheating, promising to take action against wolves in the congregation where I'd learn weeks later that absolutely nothing had been done. They are all white, like backwoods people with little education and a bigoted way of thinking. Nothing was ever done about all the crime, so I finally after contacting the society and they were no help at all, GOT OUT.

Now they label me an apostate, but I could care less because I label them liars and slanderers, with their behaviorial patterns not from God at all, but evil, hate-spirited and hypocrites.

I love God but these people do not practice what they preach and they mask themselves with false claim of being in the one and only true religion. God does not approve of hypocrites and those who alter his word. I don't love this organization any longer, but I have always and always will Love God. They do feel that if you don't belong to their cult that you cannot love God which is such a twisted believe because:

Only God is the true reader of the heart and only HE will judge me; not these crooks and crocks.

I am so pleased you asked former Jehovah's Witnesses to answer this question. Otherwise, how could you ever find out why they left? There are some interesting answers from your spiritual brothers and sisters - but not one of them has come up with the obvious. While I was a Jehovah's Witness, I also thought I had the true religion and there was no way I was ever going to leave it. That would be really stupid, wouldn't it, to leave what you believed to be true that gave you peace of mind. Neither did I leave because I was immoral or someone stumbled me or I simply didn't want to live up to the Bible's high standards. I wasn't mixing with worldly people, I didn't take up smoking or drinking. In fact, I was pioneering and I was married to a pioneer. So why did I leave? You need to understand that my parents became Witnesses in the 1930's, and that I knew nothing other than what Jehovah's Witnesses believed. We were all expecting the end of 6,000 years of man's existence to end in the fall of 1975 (I can provide the Watchtower quotations if you doubt me) and that meant Armageddon would come soon after. My parents believed they were the generation that would see the fulfilment of the end-time prophecies in Matthew 24 and that they would be alive when the Millennial reign of Christ started. None of us made any of this up. We all believed what the Society told us. Guess what? This prophecy was false - we're still waiting, 33 years later. This is the reason I left - false prophecies about dates and predictions when 6,000 years of human existence will end. Any peace of mind I had was shattered when I realised the extent to which I had been mislead. I am now a born-again Christian with a heavenly hope and I praise God that, through the Holy Spirit, he brought me to a place of repentance and forgiveness. Religion does not save. Only Jesus Christ can do that.

Good question. I appreciate you. If an individual fornicate against his wife and got divorced and if he still behind her and be loyal to her later without being associating with her shows that he is still her good husband?

From the beginning, Jehovah God uses His organization (anointed one) to guide people. Those who have disassociated from Jah's organization are considered as disassociated from Jehovah and His blessings was never upon them. Moreover an individual who like to follow Him, be loyal to Him, who has accurate knowledge about Jehovah and his word would never ever disassociate themselves from Jehovah.

Let this question be just a question, should NOT be a unwise DEED!

My parents disassociated themselves from Jehovah's Witnesses back in the 60s. They always knew it was the truth but just couldn't live up to what they felt was necessary to please Jehovah. When they did this they were disassociating themselves from Jehovah and his earthly organization. They have both passed away now so have paid the wages of sin, their fate being up to Jehovah God.

They never turned apostate but lived very much in the world, if you know what I mean. They were involved in politics, holidays, everything, very liberal in thinking. I was raised this way but after their death became a witness.

My father definitely loved Jehovah but just couldn't bring himself to live according to his standards and he felt this way until he died. Their are people who are loyal to Jehovah and are not associated with his organization. They never left the organization though. There are just some people out there who know the truth. For instance, there is a blind boy who knows the kingdom songs by heart and his friend reads him literature from Jehovah's Witnesses that he picks up at a home where his mother is a maid. He is not in the organization but soon will be. He loves Jehovah and is faithful to him. So, we know of some. Jehovah knows them all.

The people who come into our Kingdom Hall, that are active or even inactive due to no fault of their own are a close knit congregation.

The Watchtower watcher obviously doesn't know what he's talking about as I have first hand experience and what he is saying is false.

I suppose there are enough answers from "Jehovah's Witnesses" here to undoubtedly show you that the answer to your first question is a big YES.

Since the second question does not APPEAR to be directed to "Jehovah's Witnesses", that too is a big YES. In fact, one CANNOT be loyal to both God AND an Organization. Because eventually one will be correct and the other incorrect in SOMETHING. And it will NOT be God who is the incorrect of the two!

Source(s): The Holy Spirit
  • Witnesses are commanded to view anyone who disassociated themselves to be apostate and not to say anything to that one. They are told that that person has left Jehovah's organization. And of course, if you the organization you then leave Jehovah. At least that is their way of thinking. In reality the organization and Jehovah are two different enities. You can leave the organization and remain a friend with God.

Well, if some of the Israelites disassociated themselves from the nation of Israel, but still claimed to love Jehovah God, and follow him, do you think Jehovah would nod his head in assent?

Suppose after having set up house in the promised land, some Israelites said, "You know, I'm not staying with this group anymore. I mean, come on! Back in the day, Moses' own brother, Aaron, helped these clowns make a golden calf! Exodus 32:21-24. Now we all know that was wack! And what about Moses himself! Smacking on a rock to bring water forth like he was all that and a bag of chips! You see he didn't get to the promised land. And don't get me started on the 20,000 who committed fornication and had to be put to death! Numbers 25:1-15; 1 Corinthians 10:8. I don't care if priest Phineas did put that Cozbi chick and the Israelite Zimri to death. Speaking of fornication, you did hear about High Priest Eli's sons, Phineas and Hophni, didn't you? Fornicating with those women at the temple! Some organization! And Eli didn't lift a finger. Are you kidding me? I love Jehovah but this so-called organization is not what it's cracked up to be. I'm taking Helen and the kids – we're leaving. Joseph, Jr., pack your goat. We're outta here. We can be loyal without staying with this so-called organized nation. We don't need that temple either."

Whaddya think? You think Jehovah would nod in agreement?

No.

Hannah J Paul

If a person wants to disassociate themselves I don't know how much love that they had for Jehovah before leaving, I would expect not much. I guess I'm saying that once they disassociate themselves that the love they have for Jah is the same that they had when being associated with the congregation-luke warm. It is not easy to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses Satan does not make it easy for us, he keeps up his attacks, and they are getting worse as his time gets shorter.

• Reo

Read Hebrews 10:24,25

I really love the answers the JW's give. They think they are truly God's chosen ones and that leaving their "so called" organization is truly turning their back on Jehovah. They really think that God would only pick their organization just as he picked Moses and Noah. you know the organization of Moses and the Organization of Noah, then the next one is Watchtower, the organization of Satan. They have twisted scripture so badly and say that only they have the truth. I feel so sorry for these feeble minded people. Their whole pretense is to destroy the deity of Christ so that they are different, put in the mask of doom and gloom and it sells magazines and books. Oops, I mean it gets lots of donations as it scares people into their cult. They do not follow the y bible at all, they never question their leaders, due to them getting disfellowshipped for doing so. Any JW that tells you they question it all the time is a plain liar or they are an ex-JW. For those that have had their mind and hearts open up to the teachings of Jesus Christ, I mean the real Jesus not the fake Jesus who died and is dead forever and has risen as Michael, god has truly blessed them.

Jehovah God has always chosen representatives to get his message across.

With the Flood, it was Noah. If you ignored him, you died in the Flood. It wouldn't matter if you didn't like his personality or his looks or the way he was building the ark or how slow he was in building the ark, if you didn't listen, you lost your life.

With slavery in Egypt, it was Moses. If you ignored him (like Pharaoh), you died in the plagues or at the hand of God. It wouldn't matter if you didn't like his attitude, his background and family history, his seeming inability to carry on a decent conversation or his "foreign wife", if you didn't listen, you lost your life.

With the Jewish nation, it was Jesus. If you ignored him, treated him like he was crazy (which his own brothers did), thought he was lazy, not earning a decent living, didn't strive for the "better education", didn't settle down and start a family, didn't value what you value, always hanging around the "everyday" people, always trying to teach (as if he had the answers), if you didn't listen, you lost out.

So today, what about today?

Jehovah is motivating honest hearted ones to do their best in representing him, to encourage others to learn, to meet together for comfort and instruction, to obey his standards as they best understand them, and be willing to change and modify if a matter gets clearer, if we don't listen, we will lose out, and could very well lose our life.

Plain and simple.

We either listen to his organized people who are loyal to him and represent him to our benefit, or we are not in his favor.

The Israelites were commanded to NOT have altars in their backyards to offer their sacrifices. They had to GO to Jerusalem and offer their sacrifices through the God-selected priests for them to have value in his eyes.

Were all the priests God-fearing and always righteous? No. But even so, that was NOT an excuse for the Israelites to say they would not sacrifice as Jehovah outlined. The backyard was never an option.

So if a congregation has problems, opting out for our "backyard" is not a God-approved option if we want to maintain his favor.

Source(s): One of Jehovah's Witnesses