Florida Unemployment- Didn't receive both weeks of pay and cannot get through?

I'm currently receiving benefits from Florida and have not exhausted all of my benefits, however, this past pay period I only received half of my payment when I know that I claimed both weeks. I tried getting online but the system is down. I also tried calling but I get a busy signal, I can't even get into the automated system to look up my information or to get in the Q to speak to a representative. Anybody else experienced this issue????

Favorite Answer

I think I know what the problem is, but I don't know for sure. I'm currently receiving unemployment benefits also. When I checked my bank account this morning, I had only been paid for one week too. I thought that I may have only claimed one week accidentally online, so I logged into the unemployment system to check if I still had another week to claim. (I guess I got lucky that I was able to log in) I didn't have another week to claim. I also noticed that my available credits amount was higher and my benefit year said that it started on 6/8/09. I now have a total of 19 weeks remaining instead of the 11 that was remaining when I claimed my weeks Monday morning. I'm assuming that the new benefit extension was applied to existing Florida unemployment claims and it wiped out the existing balances. I'm sure this was a programming error, but I also can not get through to the unemployment office. I searched the web for a news article, thinking there had to be some information out there somewhere, but yours is the only reference to this I found. I will keep you posted if I find any new information. Please do the same for me.

• jenna

Well if it's anything like Arizona, you have to just keep calling over and over for hours until you get through. I even drove down to an unemployment office and bitched that I couldn't get through and they sent me home saying "just keep calling, we can't help you". They are a pain in the butt on purpose so that people will get frustrated and give up and they won't have to pay them. Unfortunately, just keep calling...

Everyone in Jacksonville Florida seems to be having a problem with unemployment not getting any money from them everything on Hold. good luck getting anything from unemployment

Same thing here. Only got one payment. I log back on the next day and seen that it was sent to me, one day late.