Florida Unemployment- Didn't receive both weeks of pay and cannot get through?

I'm currently receiving benefits from Florida and have not exhausted all of my benefits, however, this past pay period I only received half of my payment when I know that I claimed both weeks. I tried getting online but the system is down. I also tried calling but I get a busy signal, I can't even get into the automated system to look up my information or to get in the Q to speak to a representative. Anybody else experienced this issue????

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think I know what the problem is, but I don't know for sure. I'm currently receiving unemployment benefits also. When I checked my bank account this morning, I had only been paid for one week too. I thought that I may have only claimed one week accidentally online, so I logged into the unemployment system to check if I still had another week to claim. (I guess I got lucky that I was able to log in) I didn't have another week to claim. I also noticed that my available credits amount was higher and my benefit year said that it started on 6/8/09. I now have a total of 19 weeks remaining instead of the 11 that was remaining when I claimed my weeks Monday morning. I'm assuming that the new benefit extension was applied to existing Florida unemployment claims and it wiped out the existing balances. I'm sure this was a programming error, but I also can not get through to the unemployment office. I searched the web for a news article, thinking there had to be some information out there somewhere, but yours is the only reference to this I found. I will keep you posted if I find any new information. Please do the same for me.

• jenna
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Well if it's anything like Arizona, you have to just keep calling over and over for hours until you get through. I even drove down to an unemployment office and bitched that I couldn't get through and they sent me home saying "just keep calling, we can't help you". They are a pain in the butt on purpose so that people will get frustrated and give up and they won't have to pay them. Unfortunately, just keep calling...

• 7 years ago

Everyone in Jacksonville Florida seems to be having a problem with unemployment not getting any money from them everything on Hold. good luck getting anything from unemployment

• 1 decade ago

Same thing here. Only got one payment. I log back on the next day and seen that it was sent to me, one day late.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.