What colour urine may indicate a kidney infection?

I have not long finished a course of antibiotics to treat a urine infection. The first course didn't clear it up, and i doubt the second has either. I am supposed to take a urine sample to the doctors (to see if it has worked this time), but i am currently on my period, so will have to wait until it has ended.... show more I have not long finished a course of antibiotics to treat a urine infection. The first course didn't clear it up, and i doubt the second has either. I am supposed to take a urine sample to the doctors (to see if it has worked this time), but i am currently on my period, so will have to wait until it has ended. I have had this urine infection for a couple of months now, and the longer it goes without being treated adequately, the more chance i have of developing a kidney infection (if i haven't got one already). This is what is worrying me at present. Through the day my urine is either brownish (quite dark), or like a neon yellow colour. Could this indeed indicate that i do have a kidney infection? I should add, before taking the second course of antibiotics i had a dull ache around my left side and pain in that kidney. This has more or less gone now though.
Thanks!
4 answers 4