Is Uranus a planet or a black hole?

The other choices on my daughter's homework sheet are star and none of the above but I'm pretty sure it is one of choices I put in my question.

This is too precious.

Favorite Answer

Uranus is a planet. It's classified as a gas planet. Which means it has no surface.

**If your going to listen to lies like this: Recently it has been discovered that Uranus is not a planet, but actually a black hole. But unlike most black holes, in which nothing can escape, everything eventually comes out of Uranus as dark matter. The eventual fate of the universe is to be filled with dark matter that came from Uranus. It may seem to be pollution; however, it is quite healthy.

**It's not a black hole..

You have to be more specific.

EDIT: For some of the below posters: if Uranus turned into a black hole, none of the orbits in the Solar System would change. Just sayin'. Of course, I find it difficult to imagine how a planet could be surreptitiously turned into a black hole, and the hole itself would only last for a few thousand years, but nevertheless.

• Ferl

Come on people its a play on words and rather funny.... Don't worry about the people that are hate~n they just wish they would have thought of it.. bravo and to answer the question. Uranus is a planet.

Myanus is in fact a black hole.

if uranus was a black hole, how much of the solar system do you think would be left?? let me remind you that nothing can escape a black hole, not even light. uranus is pretty close to us, compared to everything else in the universe.

P.S. uranus is a planet.

If Uranus is a black hole, Uranus wouldn't be there. This question was not on either of your daughters' homework.

Source(s): Logical thinking 43 months of harassment on the nola.com forums and 7 months of harassment and provocation on YA.
  • GeoffG

Uranus is a planet in our solar system, 7th from the Sun. The nearest black hole is 1600 light years away.

Its obvious that its a planet.

And also, even our 'sun' doesn't qualify to be a black hole. It dies after becoming a black dwarf. There is no way that Uranus has such high gravitational pull to compress and destroy atoms within it. Even our sun lacks this power

It is a planet, specifically a gas giant planet.

Unless, of course, this is another 'Uranus' joke. In that case, I would advise you to grow up already.

Uranus is a planet and i think you already know that!!

well, as far l know people would know it as a planet, but how would we no, it could be a black hole, but covered in gases, which spites out things like, the other end of the black hole, (wormhole)

hope it real, it be cool to see what comes out, but government keep it secret from us, and l hate that.

Source(s): just me.