Immigration is killing rural areas?

Why is that every time i walk into a shop i feel it is like the twilight zone where i think I am in Scotland only to be confronted in nearly every shop I go into know have immigrant workers? Hence you feel you are on holiday where you should hear the majority of shop workers to speak there lingo YES? Not in your... show more Why is that every time i walk into a shop i feel it is like the twilight zone where i think I am in Scotland only to be confronted in nearly every shop I go into know have immigrant workers? Hence you feel you are on holiday where you should hear the majority of shop workers to speak there lingo YES? Not in your own country tho.

I live in a large rural area of Scotland with pockets of towns dotted over the place. The minute you come off the Motorway it should say welcome to the wild country and be prepared for isolated areas. You can travel for miles before reaching a shop or a petrol station and not only are they a blessing for tourists but for locals too. With lack of transport local business helps locals with jobs and to stay local.

BUT

What i have found is that Immigrants are taking these jobs because they are the business cheap labour force the government has created this loop hole and effectively killing rural areas. It means family's splitting or moving far to find jobs. It is bad enough, you do have to work hard living in rural areas as we do have little sources to our disposal like public transport, road maintenance and getting taxed too high for the privilege of a 4x4 which is greatly needed.

To be honest i am getting sick and tired of them being here, I am not racist but i have the right to feel like this because it is more noticed in small towns not like city's where you may never see the same person twice. Brits are not lazy, I know a local shop that gets loads of locals asking for work but get the immigrants in and they have a terrible attitude, have become more so because they know it is them in the drivers seat and the government is on there side.

People I have known for years are becoming bitter and frustrated because of the amount of Immigrants getting jobs and housing and the locals getting treated like second class citizens, i feel this too but what can be done I no longer feel like I am in country that i called home?

Have you had personal experience?

How do you feel personally about Immigration in Britain?
Update: Knownout I am sure it angered you seeing your old home like that. I have seen people come back too even tourists and they feel that something has gone and lost. Your towns people should reprosent your area and the country you live in but if it is full of immegrants running the place where does your identity and... show more Knownout
I am sure it angered you seeing your old home like that. I have seen people come back too even tourists and they feel that something has gone and lost. Your towns people should reprosent your area and the country you live in but if it is full of immegrants running the place where does your identity and culture go?
Update 2: gomanyes Obviously you have not read the question and do not live in a rural part of the country. I know it is 2009 so I am talking about issuse that are very apparent KNOW. Evidence is everywhere you only have to walk in a shop and talk to the locals to get the proof. Thank you OMAR BONGO when will it end,... show more gomanyes
Obviously you have not read the question and do not live in a rural part of the country.
I know it is 2009 so I am talking about issuse that are very apparent KNOW.
Evidence is everywhere you only have to walk in a shop and talk to the locals to get the proof.

Thank you OMAR BONGO when will it end, customers don't want immegrants so where does customer is always right come in?
Update 3: Julian D I do not need GOD to tell me what is right from wrong and war is not on my mind but some respect that it is to remind them that it is my country not theres to take advantage of. Mr look for the truth I know locals can just be bad at service but thats up to the manager to ensure better service. I am... show more Julian D
I do not need GOD to tell me what is right from wrong and war is not on my mind but some respect that it is to remind them that it is my country not theres to take advantage of.

Mr look for the truth
I know locals can just be bad at service but thats up to the manager to ensure better service. I am conserned about locals finding jobs and NOT being able to survive in local towns they grew up in. Black/coured locals found it hard to find work because of there colour know locals are finding it just as hard?
Update 4: Cool Hal Yes youngsters move but not all and people have to start somewhere to get enough money for the future. Most youngsters stay with familys longer and as traviling is an oppertunity not to miss but not everyone can afford at the moment. You can't tar every teen the same as rural as it is a lot of... show more Cool Hal
Yes youngsters move but not all and people have to start somewhere to get enough money for the future. Most youngsters stay with familys longer and as traviling is an oppertunity not to miss but not everyone can afford at the moment. You can't tar every teen the same as rural as it is a lot of youngsters love the highlands and get a lot out of it than city life and they can experiance that when they go to further education. Everybody has to start somehwere even if it means a low income boring job. Even youngsters at school or single parents cant get a part time job.
Update 5: Crow,looplu,Donar and crimson tears Thank you, i know this subject is very difficult indeed. Yes people travel to seek work else where in the world but what you will find in most countrys is that they WILL look after there OWN first in majority of cases. With my issue people will think i am a BNP supprter as... show more Crow,looplu,Donar and crimson tears
Thank you, i know this subject is very difficult indeed. Yes people travel to seek work else where in the world but what you will find in most countrys is that they WILL look after there OWN first in majority of cases. With my issue people will think i am a BNP supprter as they do have little good ideals they have unforinantily too many roots to the extreme which does not put them in favour. If they re start with fresh people and rid of some of there extreme views and KEEP the important issuse like making locals first etc then they have a good chance. I dont vote them becasue they are just as crooked as the rest at the moment.
Update 6: Prince H Thanks for the input but you must not live remote enough and where i come from familys stay close and to run off in to work industrial areas means 200 plus mile NOT just round the corner. The issue for working land is gone for other reasons becasue yet again the GOVERNMENT prefairs to import goods than... show more Prince H
Thanks for the input but you must not live remote enough and where i come from familys stay close and to run off in to work industrial areas means 200 plus mile NOT just round the corner. The issue for working land is gone for other reasons becasue yet again the GOVERNMENT prefairs to import goods than incourage local produce. I should know cos i am a SHEPHERD. Familys have been here for generations and as for fighting it you cant BECAUSE THE GOVERMENT IS ON THERE SIDE that is what i am getting at. It is not easy when OUR GOVERNMENT is not looking after our future. When was the last time you remember any politition fighting and lisening to the PEOPLE. As for my question being rubbish well so is your answer.
Update 7: Yeah as if I have seen good people change the behaviour, they are not bad people but fustrated ones that have no one on there side so unwillingly find themselves acting out. Your fustration is understood as a way of expresion. John D the reason I say rural cos i stopped off at a few places while on my way home... show more Yeah as if
I have seen good people change the behaviour, they are not bad people but fustrated ones that have no one on there side so unwillingly find themselves acting out. Your fustration is understood as a way of expresion.
John D the reason I say rural cos i stopped off at a few places while on my way home which brought this question up. I am sure it is wide spread but looking it at a rural perspective is scary.