I'm looking for the title of this old movie I watched ages ago. It's about a little blonde welsh girl?

and she likes to go to a grave yard next to a church ( i don't know why I htink her mum died) and a man watches and wants to marry her. He is kinda tanned with blue eyes and brown hair, he is very strong looking. I remember something about gypsies and caravans. He saves her from drowning at some point. It might not be welsh but its defs english. I live in Australia, it was on tv in 2007 i never got the name of it. I think it was made in the 60s or 70s. It is in colour. Can anyone help me with the name of this movie. I know it was popular back in the day because it was really good.

Favorite Answer

Gypsy Girl (1966)

aka Sky West and Crooked

starring Hayley Mills, Ian McShane, Annette Crosbie, Laurence Naismith, Geoffrey Bayldon, Norman Bird

IMDb synopsis:

A girl with learning difficulties is traumatized at a young age after witnessing an accidental death of a child. Essentially abandoned by her alcoholic mother, she is misunderstood and ostracized by the English rural community she lives in, as they are suspicious of the circumstances of the accident. She finds solace in the natural world and animals around her. The girl eventually finds friendship and love with a Romany gypsy.

Wow! I think YouTube might have the complete film! Here's Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f1zPIi-s5c

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Right now, I'm watching "The Three Lives of Thomasina". Now that I know YouTube has this, I'm watching it next! Thanks for asking your question, or I might not have looked for the movie for who knows how long!

Misery? with Kathy Bates

Roan Inish?