Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 1 decade ago

Is it possible to donate prescription drugs?

My grandfather has recently passed away. We have found that he had a lot of unused prescription drugs.My family would like to donate them. We live in NJ. Is it possible to donate them here ? If so, how?

Thanks. God bless.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • rosieC
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

How to Donate Your Prescription Drugs

By eHow Health Editor

Rate: (12 Ratings)

You may have been prescribed a drug and received more doses than you actually needed. You can keep those drugs from going to waste by donating them to someone who needs them more. Donation and recycling programs have appeared in many parts of the United States over the past few years.

Read on to learn how to donate your prescription drugs.

Step 1Check to see whether your state allows for the donation of prescription drugs. There is no national resource for determining this information. Each state determines whether to allow the practice and how to carry it out.

Step 2Determine whether your prescription medication is eligible for donation. If it has been opened or may have been tampered with, you will not be allowed to donate it.

Step 3Contact your doctor or pharmacist and ask whether he participates in a donation program. He may be able to recommend a program or a further point of contact. Other options include contacting area hospitals and clinics.

Step 4Dispose of prescription drugs properly if you cannot find a donation program. Throw them away or take them to a household hazardous-waste collection point. Do not put them into a sink or toilet.

Step 5Understand that donating in the United States can be difficult. Due to legal issues regarding drug donations, many recycled medications are taken overseas to be redistributed.

Get to Know Your State Donation Rules

Step 1Recognize that some states limit prescription drug recycling to drugs that were distributed to qualified institutions, like long-term-care facilities.

Step 2Look into your state's drug donation regulations. States that allow individuals to donate prescription medications limit the specific drugs to be donated. Most donation programs will only accept unopened medication.

Step 3Know that many states do not allow individuals to donate prescription drugs, although distributors are allowed to donate medications with specific limitations. Several states make no arrangements for the disposal of prescription drugs at all, beyond simply throwing them in the trash

New Jersey does not currently have an operational program to allow for donation of unused prescibed medications.

In a A 50-STATE SURVEY of

PRESCRIPTION DRUG RE-USE POLICIES published on Health and Medicine paper to the question:

Does YOUR state allow for the redistribution of. prescription drugs as outlined in HB1297? ...

New Jersey. has No Response

http://www.coph.ouhsc.edu/coph/HealthPolicyCenter/...

Go to the site for more info:

http://www.dhss.mo.gov/DrugRepository/FAQs.html

Source(s): professional nurse
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

The reason for this difference in substance control is the potential scope of misuse, from drug abuse to practicing medicine without a license and without sufficient education. Prescription drug discount card, which reduces the price you pay for your family's prescriptions, is an absolutely must for every family. Different jurisdictions have different definitions of what constitutes a prescription drug.

• 1 decade ago

No, I'm sorry but you can't donate the medications. Nobody who could use them could accept them. Once medication is prescribed and dispensed, that's it. In fact, it would be illegal for them to accept them and give them out again. The only thing you can do is dispose of them. It's bad in a way, and your idea is generous and honorable. But when it comes to medicines, you have to be very careful.

Source(s): nurse
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I never heard of selling someones eggs, but it would not surprise me. You can never really know if you do not ask. A fertility clinic, should be your best bet. If they do not buy they may know who does. You might have to wait until you turn 18. Good luck.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

I have extensive experience in business on line, 5 + years.

PM me please for custom lists! Almost everything is negotiable..:)

Stock list in SR

Allylescaline,

apvp rock,

Ethylone,

Eitzolam,

MXE,

2 C-E,

2 C-C,

2 C-P,

25 NBOMe-I,

25 NBOMe-B,

25 NBOMe-C,

5-meo-mipt,

4-aco-det Fumerate,

4-HO-MIPT Fumerate,

4-aco-dmt Fumerate,

MAM-2201,

MPA,

Ethylphenidate,

Sulfoaildenafil,

5MAPB,

4-Fa,

3-MeO-PCP,

I HAVE NEW STOCK AT VERY COMPETITIVE PRICE$

Check the updated products list as below, and tell me what you most interested,please:)

apvp,

butylone,

UR144,

5FUR144,

AKB48,

5FAKB48,

4-emc,

pentylone,

apbp,

Pentedrone,

jwh210,

2C-E,

2C-C,

2C-P,

25I-NBOMe,

25C-NBOMe,

25b-NBOMe,

MPA,

Ethylphenidate,

4-aco-det,

4-fa,

5-meo-dalt,

5-meo-mipt,

STS135,

MXE,

Ethylone,

EAM-2201,

MAM-2201,

4-HO-MIPT,

Eitzolam (ETL),

AH-7921,

4-aco-dmt,

a-pvt,

pb22,

5fpb22,

A-ppp,

Allylescaline,

Methallylescaline,

BB-22,

RH-34,

MDPPP,

MDPBP,

MPHP,

Etaqualone,

jwh122,

AB-PINACA,

4fpvp,

AB-FUBINACA,

5-APB, 6-apb,

5APDB,

5MAPB, 5-mapbd,

2-fa,

MN-18, 5fMN-18,

pv-8. 4-meo-pv8,

4-MPD,

4-FEC,

5FAB-PINACA,

MDAI,

583 AMT,

585 4-aco-met,

586 MT-45,

Sulfoaildenafil, Tadalafil,

3-fa,

Buphedrone (MABP),

M-11,

PB-Fub,

HTJ-2201,

4f pv-8,

4f-pv-9,

pv-9, 4-meo-pv9,

pv-7. 4-meo-pv7,

a-pbt,

dibutylone,

2-ptc,

3-meo-pcp,

4meo-PBP,

4F-PBP,

mddmv,

fub-akb48,

ab-chiminaca,

FAB-144,

NM2201,

methoxphenidine(MXP),

diphenidine,

CRA-13,

Nitracaine,

5f-amb,

6-apb, 6-mapb,

Mephtetramine(MTA),

Diclazepam,

Flubromazepam,

METHYL CLONAZEPAM,

Phenazepam,

Nitrazolam,

Pyrazolam,

3,4CTMP,

VEVP,

bk2cb,

2-CHLORODIAZEPAM,

MDMA,

Kertamine

Prescription Drugs;

Ativan (lorazepam),

Valium (diazepam),

Percocet (oxycodone acetaminophen),

Fentora (fentanyl citrate),

Vicodin (hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen),

Xanax XR (alprazolam),

Opana ER (oxymorphone HCl),

Lunesta (eszopiclone),

Adderall XR (amphetamine/dextroamphetamine),

Ritalin/Focalin (methylphenidate HCl),

Zoloft (sertraline HCl),

Ambien (zolpidem tartrate),

Concerta (methylphenidate HCl),

OxyContin (oxycodone HCl),

PAYMENT

Only westernunion and moneygram system

PACKAGE

The products are packaged in vacuum, in material not detectable by x-rays. Super discreet.

SHIPPING

All orders are processed the next day. You will receive the track 2 days after the order is in status "shipped". I ship only on weekdays.

RESHIP POLICY

In case that the track is stuck I offer 50% reship.

• 1 decade ago

what precription drugs was he on??

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.