What is causing "no disc inserted, please insert original"?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Help!! I installed "the sims 2 double deluxe" like I usually would, but when I try to play it, an error screen pops up that says, "No disc inserted. Please insert the ...show more
Best Answer
Make sure its the original disc and not an expansion pack disc. Have you touched the lens on your disc tray? If the lens has gotten messed up, the computer will not be able to read anything at all. Don't touch the lens with anything! Also, search your error message in google and I'm sure there will be a forum on this error. I doubt Norton 360 could be causing this because the error message does not relate in anyway, but you can change your settings on Norton and unblock the Sims 2 if it has been blocked. I've had a strange error with a Sims game before, and I never was able to figure it out. =/
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (5)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    me too! i have a mac and i really wanted the game so i downloaded crossover and everything and it finally worked. but when i click play, it says the exact same thing. the bonus dvd worked but not the real game. im getting really pissed off. whey don't they make anything for macs? except sims 3 which is freakin 50 bucks im not about to spend for a computer game.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    Sounds like you have a faulty CD... If you check on this website you can replace your exe files with these and the game will not check for a CD to be inserted, you can just play it. Don't worry it isn't illegal if you have bought the game and there are no viruses, I use this all the time just so I don't have to constantly change CDs to play games.

http://m0001.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_...
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    if before it worked then think what has changed. if just Norton was installed, then try to turn it off, while you are playing the game.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • whhhhaaaazzzzuuuuuppppppp answered 5 years ago
    I am having the exact same problem. Someone helppp uss!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Pat G answered 5 years ago
    I get that sometimes.....just take the dvd out, giggle it a bit, and make sure it is right, and not up side down
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock