What is causing "no disc inserted, please insert original"?

Help!! I installed "the sims 2 double deluxe" like I usually would, but when I try to play it, an error screen pops up that says, "No disc inserted. Please insert the original 'The sims 2 Double Deluxe' CD/DVD". Then I kept clicking "Retry" while taking out the disc then... show more Help!! I installed "the sims 2 double deluxe" like I usually would, but when I try to play it, an error screen pops up that says, "No disc inserted. Please insert the original 'The sims 2 Double Deluxe' CD/DVD".

Then I kept clicking "Retry" while taking out the disc then putting it back in and still clicking even when the screen dissapears until I hear a loud "beep". This worked last time, but now another screen came up and say, "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup (4003)"

it is really pissing me off. i've tried everyothing like cleaning the disc and nothing is working. Can Norton 360 cause this? My stepdad recently put norton 360 on this laptop and eversince it hasn't worked.
please help.
6 answers