Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Any one that voted Obama tell us what good he has done ?

Since in office. Don't come up with he created jobs without saying what jobs and how many. I will be honest and say I did not vote for the much obvious reasons.....

• Best Answer

-Reversed restrictions on stem cell research

-Appointed an assistant to the president for science and technology policy

-Created a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners

-Expanded loan programs for small businesses

-Extended and indexed the 2007 Alternative Minimum Tax patch

-Expanded eligibility for State Children’s Health Insurance Fund (SCHIP)

-Expanded funding to train primary care providers and public health practitioners

-Directed military leaders to end war in Iraq

-Sent two additional brigades to Afghanistan

-As promised gave a speech at a major Islamic forum in the first 100 days of his administration

-Granted Americans unrestricted rights to visit family and send money to Cuba

-Restored funding for the Byrne Justice Assistance Grant (Byrne/JAG) program

-Released presidential records

-Now requires new hires to sign a form affirming their hiring was not due to political affiliation or contributions

-Pushed for enactment of Matthew Shepard Act, which expands hate crime law to include sexual orientation and other factors

-Created a White House Office on Urban Policy

-Supported increased funding for the NEA

-Funded a major expansion of AmeriCorps

-Worked to overturn Ledbetter vs. Goodyear

-Banned lobbyist gifts to executive employees

-Pledged to weatherize 1 million homes per year

-Invested in all types of alternative energy

-Enacted tax credit for consumers for plug-in hybrid cars

-Provided grants to encourage energy-efficient building codes

-As promised appointed at least one Republican to the cabinet

-Extended unemployment insurance benefits and temporarily suspended taxes on these benefits.

Now, rather YOU think there are "good" is something different. He certainly has not been sitting on his azz.

For the record, I agree with everything on that list.

EDIT: The poster below me wants to focus on "5" speeches on the list. 95% of the list is ACTION. Meaning, uh ya know actually doing something. Lol that's funny.

Okay I can tell you that he is working on things because my dad works with him up close and personal... I cannot say EVERYTHING on here but there is going to be a good economy within 6-7 months...

That's hella better than what McCain would have done! Oh and I heard someone say it so I'm a say it in a better way:

"You white trash farmers and shxt really need to be able to bend over and get into the year 2009! There's a mulatto president and hey hell, I feel SAFER now for some reason! I may not be big or powerful but I am living a happy life and Obama isn't ruining it!"

First please tell us what you have done. Why didn't your party have enough votes to win?

1. Immediately raised the stature of the USA among our allies.

2. Guaranteed equal pay for women doing the same jobs as men.

3. Gave additional support to Automobile factory workers who got screwed by the Big 3 and the Republicans who run GM, Ford and Chrysler.

4. Ordered direct attacks on Afghan hideouts.

5. Commanded over the Captain Harris pirate standoff.

6 Makes us realize every day just how evil Republicans really are.

He signed the S-Chip Bill for Children.

Issued the Executive Order to Close GITMO by the end of the year.

He is pushing hard for a 2 State Solution for Israel and Palestine.

He is trying to get Health Care for the nearly 50 million who cannot afford Health Care.

He is ending the Iraq War next year, withdrawal has already started.

He will end the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy in the Military, which will allow Gays to serve openly in the Military.

He has ended the Torture Policy of the United States.

He has stabilized the Banking System, which kept us from going into a Depression.

He has signed the Stimulus Bill which will help the nation recover from the Recession.

He's mending a lot of diplomatic bridges that the previous administration burned. He's refocusing the War on Terror on Al Qaeda and the Taliban. I don't know enough about economics to say if Obama is doing any good there. I don't believe things would be any better if Obama wasn't there, though.

Mostly, Obama has restored my faith in my country again. I don't fear my government using America's founding principles as a thinly veiled excuse for imperialistic expansion as much. Decisions seemed to come more from debate rather than fear now.

I voted for Obama for only one true reason. I was hoping something different might be better than the same old same old we always have in a President.

With that being said, I truely believe that the President is a puppet and it doesn't matter who is elected because the true powers that be lay in the shadows and call the shots.

Source(s): I woke up.

He has created 150 thousand jobs. That's right. You heard me. 150,000 IN YOUR FACE JOBS. yES! 120,000 of them were government jobs. SO WHAT! They are jobs. Now your going to say America lost 200 million jobs as a result. Sure, but whose counting anyway. OK. So 800 auto dealerships were closed putting 15,000 plus Americans in the welfare lines. Big deal, EVERY TIME i, TOOK MY CAR OVER THERE, IT TOOK THEM MORE THEN A DAY TO FIX IT ANYWAY. tHEY DESERVE TO STARVE.. Most of them were younger people and will not loose a house OR THEIR MARRIAGE over it. So what. You have to start somewhere. RIGHT! What about the pork. Do you realize it took 387 people to think of all those pork projects. That would be 387 people working that might have been laid off if it were not for Obama and job creations. The list goes on and on. He is doing good so far don't you think.

The facts are :

The Stock market is up.

The banks that recieved the $350 billion dollar pres. Bush jr. bailouts are paying it back with interest. Something no body thought America would ever see all of the loans repaid to begin with, much less in full plus interest!

Unemployment is down in 21 states.

Consumer confidence is way past levels not seen since early pres. Bush jr. years before he almost destroyed America.

Source(s): You like most other Republicans never let the facts, truth, and history sway them. And get ready to enjoy the re-election of president Obama. The world loves OBAMA VISION!

He has done nothing but spend trillions on the people who got him elected.

He may have "saved or created thousands of jobs" but we have also lost millions!!

LOL, look at Steph's posts, it contains at least 5 items are are "speech related", wow, he gave a speech...

President Obama have put brains and accountability back into the oval office just to name two thing there are many more .