Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 1 decade ago

How do I go about legally changing my last name?

My step dad raised me and asked if I wanted to have my last name changed to his when I was a minor but at that time I wasn't sure. Now that I am 22 I want to have my last name like his but I don't know how to go about it. Any help? I live in Houston, Texas.

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Call the Harris County clerk's Office and they no doubt will direct you to the right person.

    Each state in the U.S. is autonomous in this type of thing.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    You might have to go to social security. Take your birth certificate and social security card with. But maybe you should call them and ASK first.

    Source(s): my sister did it and I am getting it done for my husband.
    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.