Monday morning, time for some fun dog section?

Lets face it, no one likes mondays. So lets have some fun. What are the SILLIEST dog old wives tails you've heard of?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Haha you're right, I hate Mondays! LOL

Hm...

The Doberman's brain grows larger than his skull, causing him to become vicious. Silliest one I've ever heard.

Source(s): Mutt
  • 1 decade ago

Black dogs are more aggressive and you can count the number of times a dog wags its tail in a minute to find out how many years old it is.

Thanks for making Monday more fun!

• I'm especially hating this monday - working a 12hr shift!!

All "myths" that relate to breeds are the silliest I think - such as the typical "Pits, Rotties, Mastiffs are dangerous and eat children" "All Terriers are snappy". Just shows ignorance really.

Of course the medical "Females should have one litter/one heat before being spayed" "Castration cures all behavioural problems" "Dogs have periods"

Problems is, if they are said enough, people believe them. I know going out with wet hair wont really give me a cold - but it was drummed into me when I was younger and now I always dry my hair before leaving the house....!!

• 1 decade ago

Paws determine the size of a dog.... because apparently Abbie's are massive so she's going to be at least up to my hips.....yeah....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • T J
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Most common:

Dogs only see in black & white

Dumbest:

Mix breed are healthier than purebred

Most ignorant:

The word Shih in Shih-tzu ends with a T

Geez, this list could get long

• 1 decade ago

just today I read some one say, some one said that dogs with spotted tongues are good dogs ??????????????? WHAT THE!!!!

Wishnuwelltoo: That is the biggest load of crock I have ever heard. I grew up with GSD's, more then one, NONE bit me, NONE growled at me, NONE attacked any body, NONE were aggressive. GSD's are wonderful dogs. Yours... probably were just not trained

• 1 decade ago

I've always the "loved" the common (but completely wrong) fake training tip that if you find pee/poo on the floor, run & grab your dog by the scruff & rub his nose in it while screaming"NO! BAD DOG!!!" in his ear.

Oh, idiocy.

• 1 decade ago

pit bulls have locking jaws

chihuahuas cure asthma

great danes skulls fuse but their brains keep growing causing them to go insane(dobies and chows are listed with that too)

bacon grease gives a dog a shiny coat..

oh..forgot the one I see daily...

dogs have periods.....arghhhhhhh

• 1 decade ago

All pitbulls are vicious killers....that one makes me laugh the most.

Black dogs are evil...Fur color makes no difference.

• 1 decade ago

German Shepherds are good with kids. Actually this stupidity is something my mother used to fall for. She kept buying german shepherds because people told her they were good with kids, and of course they weren't. German shepherds are an attack dog that bites more people than any breed, so I don't know how many of these stupid dogs she bought before she finally got the clue they are not good with kids.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.