Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

英文高手請進~想寫一封英文的尋人信

事情是這樣的,我有一位國中時代的朋友,約二十年前移民美國洛杉磯,我有她的住址,是想寫封英文詢問信詢問是否還有住在這裡,並留下我的聯絡Email與電話,不知以英文方式寫信詢問不知該怎麼寫,所以拜託英文高手幫忙囉...

Update:

內容應該是這樣:

您好,這是一封來自TAIWAN R.O.C的信,我想尋找一位Cicilia YU的小姐或女士,我二十年前認識她,最後的訊息是在這裡的住址,不知道Cicilia YU是否還有住在這裡,或是在這個地址有認識她的親屬或朋友能夠協助我聯絡到她,可以告知Cicilia YU我的聯絡方式:

我的名字:***

我的住址:********

CEL:886-963-******

Email:****@***.***.***

MSN:****@***.***.***

感謝您的協助

Update 2:

您好,謝謝樓下Elisa的回答,您後來回答的補充資料我看不懂哪裡要修正或哪裡要補充內,可否麻煩您再幫我再更正補充一篇完整的...

第一篇的是寫在信封外的嘛?對嗎?

謝謝您喔!

1 Answer

Rating
  • Elisa
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

想以英文方式寫信詢問一位國中時代的朋友,約二十年前移民美國洛杉磯是否還有住在這裡,並留下我的聯絡Email與電話

On the envelop, I would write:

Ms. Cicilia Yu

(or someone who might know her)

XXXXXX

XXXXX

LA, CA XXX

On the insider, this is what I would write:

Hi, Cicilia

I hope this letter finds you well. We were classmates in junior high. I hope that you still remember me. We have lost contact for over 20 years. This is the address you provided me from our last correspondence. I was wondering if you still live here. If you receive this mail, could you please reply back to me? I would love to hear from you.

If you are not Cicilia and happen to know her or know someone who might know her, could you please provide me her contact information or deliver this information to her?

My contact information is as follows:

Name: XXX

Address: XXX

Cell phone: XXX

Email:****@***.***.***

MSN:****@***.***.***

I would really appreciate any help you can provide. I am sorry if this would cause you any inconvenience. Thanks for all your assistance to someone who lives in Taiwan and is looking for a lost friend.

2009-06-19 03:24:34 補充:

By the way, if you were not classmates, you should say :

We were friend during junior high.

2009-06-19 03:28:35 補充:

Sorry. Typo => friends.

We were friends during junior high.

2009-06-20 03:47:23 補充:

Sorry. Another typo.

On the "inside", this is what I would write:

2009-06-20 17:06:36 補充:

第一篇的是寫在信封外的嘛?

Yes.

Ms. Cicilia Yu

(or someone who might know her)

XXXXXX

XXXXX

LA, CA XXX

2009-06-20 17:07:52 補充:

內容是:

Hi, Cicilia

I hope this letter finds you well. We were friends in junior high. I hope that you still remember me. We have lost contact for over 20 years. This is the address you provided me from our last correspondence. I was wondering if you still live here.

2009-06-20 17:08:21 補充:

If you receive this mail, could you please reply back to me? I would love to hear from you.

If you are not Cicilia and happen to know her or know someone who might know her, could you please provide me her contact information or deliver this information to her?

2009-06-20 17:08:40 補充:

My contact information is as follows:

Name: XXX

Address: XXX

Cell phone: XXX

Email:****@***.***.

Source(s): Myself. Went abroad at age 11. 32 years of experience speaking and writing English. A project manager in the US since 1992.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.