Teen Relationship age laws washington state?

Ok so my friend will be 18 when his girlfriend will be 15 is it illegal for them to be in a relationship if they aren't sleeping together? In Washington state.

And I am 17 and my boyfriend will be 18 in a month. Are we legal? Not for sex, just to be in a relationship.

I am being totally serious. Please help. Thanks! and if you get it off the internet can I have the link please? Thanks tons!

Never mind about the 17 and 18 years old couple question. I was just double checking on that. Thanks everyone!

there are no laws in any state that says anything about who you can date. Your parents have authority to say yes or no.

There ARE laws, if the kids are together against the consent of the parent, AND there is sex involved. HOWEVER.. in most states, there still is an age difference that is involved.. example. a 16 yr old with a 23 yr old would be subject to possible rape issues. An 18 yr old and 17 yr old would not be criminal.. and if the parents consent to them dating, then that is totally legal.

Of course, I have to be the responsible adult and warn you to not play with fire, you know the routine. Getting into something over your head and becoming parents too young is not about legality, but common sense.

There is no such thing as an age limit on a relationship. A 30 year old could date a 10 year old, though obviously the cops would assume the 30yo was raping the 10yo (or planning on doing so) and put a restraining on him. They're allowed to kiss as well, it's when it steps over the boundary of 'sexual' that it becomes illegal (I'm pretty sure proper kissing is actually that... A peck on the cheek isn't though). But yes a 15yo and an 18yo can go on a date. It'd be stupid if that was illegal.

• How old is your friend now? If he's 17 then he might be able to marry her in West Virginia??

As far as I know there are no laws on the book saying people can't know each other. If you're not having sex what else is there? Look up kissing laws I guess. They would be in the books from the 1800's I'd guess. There's a loophole in there somewhere. You can hold hands at the very least.

• Lilly

Yes it is legal... its not against the law for a 15 and an 18 year old to hang out or even kiss. This is a FREE country meaning we can date whoever we want (just cant have sex till over 18). =)

• Bonnie

Contempt of Court is when the court orders you to do something & you do not do what it ordered you to do.Sounds like in this case the grandmother did not report that your girlfriend was not living there. I think your girlfriend needs to tell her child care worker exactly what is going on with her at the grandparents house. It really is up to the courts & her child care worker who she will stay with. As for the statutory rape charges I think in most if not all states the girl has to be under 16 for that to apply. Good-luck!

I think... I THINK you have to be within 48 months of 17, in order to be with someone who is 17.

THEY ARE LYING!!!!

"Probable cause" is any kind of close relationship. Are you just looking for answers that you want to hear? That is called "ignorant bliss."

age of consent laws cover intercorse kissing and touching. As long as the couple arnt doing any of that there is no age restriction on dateing.