problem in the book the giver by lois lowry?

what is the main problem/obstacle in the book the giver by lois lowry and how is it resolved ?

thanks anyone who helps me out!

Favorite Answer

The government is keeping secrets from the community (like colour, music, and what the outside world is like) Jonas learns the secrets of the community and is determined to change the society.

It is resolved by Jonas escaping to find a better life for himself and to make a better life for all of society by giving away his memories 'The Giver' gave him. At the end he either died and went to 'a better place' or arrived somewhere better.

I hope I helped, i'm sorry if you don't understand what I wrote it's kind of a confusing book, lol.

I Hope I helped, but I also hope that your not just asking this because you didn't read the book, because it is a good book.

-Linz

Why don't you just read the summary of the book?

Here,

The Giver is a novel written by Lois Lowry. It is set in a future society which is at first presented as a utopian society and gradually appears more and more dystopian; therefore, it could be considered anti-utopian. The novel follows a boy named Jonas through the twelfth year of his life. The society has eliminated pain and strife by converting to "Sameness", a plan which has also eradicated emotional depth from their lives. Jonas is selected to inherit the position of "Receiver of Memory," the person who stores all the memories of the time before Sameness, in case they are ever needed to aid in decisions that others lack the experience to make. As Jonas receives the memories from the previous receiver—the "Giver"—he discovers how shallow his community's life has become. It is written in the third-person.

-Wikipedia

So once Jonas gets the memories, he discovers that people need opinions and memories and love and hate, even though some may be wrong, it's nessecary to be free.