Adult/young adult romance books?

Im looking for some really "can't put it down" romance books. I'll read young adult or adult books. But a lot of books are either way too detailed or the love scene is completely omitted. Don't get me wrong, i'm 21 and reading detailed love scenes isn't the problem. It's the "porno" type language where i draw the line. I want to read a romance. Not a porno. So if anyone can kind of get where i'm coming from and has a few recomendations that would be great.

Oh and please don't recommend twilight. I have read the entire series and that def. falls into the "practically no love scene" category. (Even though i did enjoy the books :) )

Thanks :)

Favorite Answer

Try the Vampire Diaries. I think they are more romantic than twilight, and more engaging from that perspective. Twilight comes across as gushy. I think you would like Vampire Diaries more. I can't put it down ---- and ... pssst... (I'm a guy)

I couldn't wait to put twilight away...

• Anika

Haha who hasn't read Twilight already?

But I think you should read these books that have inspired and delighted me with meaning and also entertainment. I don't just want to copy down a bunch of teen books from a website. I'd rather give you my opinion too.

Blue Bloods series (if your looking for romance, break ups and a bit of friendship, I think this book is right for you!! Though it has vampires but it's different from twilight.)

The Private Series (This book is about scandalous lives, romance, break ups, secrets and much more!! You'll be dying for the next book!)

Kira Kira (Sometimes I take a break from romance and read books like this which is sad yet meaningful.)

Thousand Splendind Suns (THE BEST BOOK EVER!!! I think it's sad yet meaningful and makes you feel grateful of all our rights us women have these days)

The Kite Runner (It is also by the same author of Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, and this book will make you look at the world a different way)

So B. It (You probably read this but even though it's sad, you'll cherish each moment and page until the book ends)

Lucky T (Now this book has some love, comedy, nonsense, and of course love. I've read this book almost 3 years ago and I still love it)

The Luxe series (This book is about love and scandals where you'll be reading like crazy. This also happens in New York in 1899 so you might be getting a bit of some history too)

Well I hoped that Helps =)

Good Luck ^^

there are sex scenes in detail in some of these books BUT the story line is sooo good that you can ignore that fact..i am not into the whole porno thing either, but like i said with a GOOD book you can ignore that to find out what else has happened..

SHerrilyn Kenyon's dark hunter/ dream hunter series ( 19 books now i believe, i can go to my book shelf and count..but you get the point) i read them out of order by accident then went through and read from book 1, and even though you know they will get together you read it anyway to find out how..the characters don't disappear after their book.. they are in almost every book.

JR ward- definately read in order her black dagger brother hood (also all characters stay the same just their romance book tells you more about them) 9 of them now

Lynsay sands Arganeau series-these are good but do take a little bit longer to get into. i only have 4 but know there are more

the Immortal series by joy nash, jennifer ashley and robin t popp (start with series 1 -4 books then series 2 has 4 books (same characters)

hope this helps oh yea btw these are all Vamp, Were wolf, gods,myths

:)

Source(s): personal addiction :)

How about the Hunger Games? There is romance, and action.

Or Maximum Ride. Romance, and Action.

What about the Host? There's romance, and some drama, and suspense.

Or Cage of Stars. This is on of my favorite books. There's romance. It's got a great plot, and it's interesting. You really fall in love with the characters. And it has a great and fulfilling ending, too.

Source(s): I've read all of those, and loved them.

I read Fortune's Fool by Mercedes Lackey...a fairytale type of book, written for adult age level. There is a bit of a love story in it, and a few tasteful scenes. I don't like reading scenes that are too detailed, and it was about max of what I would read. Plus, aside from that, it was a very interesting fairytale story too!

The Gemma Doyle series is amazing. The first book is 'A Great and Terrible Beauty' second is 'Rebel Angels' and the third is 'The Sweet Far Thing.'

They are a mixture of fantasy and romance, but are set in the 1800's, I believe. They are amazing, I've stayed up 'till 1 AM reading them. [:

Source(s): I read them. xP

The Saga of Darren Shan - About a young boy turned into a vampire, and it mostly revolves around the war between two vampire clans. Percy Jackson and The Olympians - A son of Poseidon and his adventures. Pendragon: A Journal through Space and Time - A teenage boy travels through territories to prevent them from getting destroyed.

You can just google your favorite bookstore like borders or barnes and noble or an online website like amazon and on the side panel they have a link about "Most popular Young Adult Books" , you can choose between all kinds of genres like romance.

you should read Nora Roberts' novels. She has a perfect mix of romance and story line. She has like a million books out, and they are very well written. Her loves scenes are tasteful and descriptive at the same time. you def dont feel like violated when you read it! very classy but exciting. Please respond if this helps you!

• J

The Notebook

A Walk to Remember