Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is a great book for my dad if he likes Dean Koontz and Steven King?

My dad loves those two authors, but he has read all of their books. What is another highly rated book he might like? (Please don't suggest any books written by those two authors because, as I said before, he has read them).

He is 47 years old, just in case that helps.

Favorite Answer

I've just discovered Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child books, they are really great together, so far my favorite books have been Dance of Death and The Book of the Dead which have Agent Pendergast and his brother Diogenes in a battle of wits (they are both super geniuses) and the story lines in both books are excellent. You might suggest James Rollins also, Excavation, and Map of Bones are both really good

If those are the only ones to chose from, i might bypass with Dean Koontz because of the fact his tale is a lot tighter. King on the different hand creates all varieties of ineffective history on the characters that detracts from the story. yet you ought to objective Graham Masterson for some somewhat good analyzing. such because of the fact the Devils of D-Day, The Djinn, The Manitou, and his 3 Christopher Snow books. the only King e book i've got saved is The Stand and consistent with threat a million/2 a dozen of Koontz. yet i've got saved & re-examine the Masterson books.

Try James Patterson. All his books are good and pretty similar to the authors you mentioned. My favorites are Kiss the Girls and Along Came a Spider.

I'm guessing this is for a father's day present, so i wouldn't give him kiss the girls, its kinda about kidnapping and rape and would be a little weird to get as a gift from his daughter.

Good Luck :)

Answer Mine?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200906...

James Herbert is another popular horror writer