drop Lackey or Dice K?

Both stink pretty bad. Their last month's stats are:

Lackey: 6.61 / 1.60

Dice K: 6.20 / 1.86

Other than those two, I have very strong pitching with Hallday, Haren, Edwin Jackson and Oswalt.

I'm planning to pick up Rowand for my UTIL slot, which is currently occupied by the slumping Jimmy Rollins.

Favorite Answer

I would try and hang onto both of them, but if you've got to drop one, definitely drop Dice-K. Look, I'm a Red Sox fan, but last year's numbers were a fluke. He simply walks too many guys and his WHIP is always through the roof, which doesn't support a sub-3.00 ERA. If everything goes well for Dice-K, he'll probably have an ERA around 4.00 for the rest of the year. Lackey, on the other hand, has a much better track record, so I'd stick with him.

I completely agree with redsoxfan. Dice K simply isn't that good of a pitcher, something I learned firsthand after overdrafting him. As has been said, he walks way too many guys, so he is going to hurt your WHIP no matter what. Lackey has been a stud for a while, I wouldn't give up on him yet.

You want to drop one of two aces to pick up Aaron Rowand? That's insane. Dice-K and Lackey are both coming off of injuries. Let them get into their groove.

Lackey,You know Dice K is going to come around and get you W's and K's

They're both coming back from injuries, so I'd hold off on dropping either of them. BTW- Halladay may wind up on the DL because of his groin.