drop Lackey or Dice K?

Both stink pretty bad. Their last month's stats are:

Lackey: 6.61 / 1.60

Dice K: 6.20 / 1.86

Other than those two, I have very strong pitching with Hallday, Haren, Edwin Jackson and Oswalt.

I'm planning to pick up Rowand for my UTIL slot, which is currently occupied by the slumping Jimmy Rollins.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would try and hang onto both of them, but if you've got to drop one, definitely drop Dice-K. Look, I'm a Red Sox fan, but last year's numbers were a fluke. He simply walks too many guys and his WHIP is always through the roof, which doesn't support a sub-3.00 ERA. If everything goes well for Dice-K, he'll probably have an ERA around 4.00 for the rest of the year. Lackey, on the other hand, has a much better track record, so I'd stick with him.

• 1 decade ago

I completely agree with redsoxfan. Dice K simply isn't that good of a pitcher, something I learned firsthand after overdrafting him. As has been said, he walks way too many guys, so he is going to hurt your WHIP no matter what. Lackey has been a stud for a while, I wouldn't give up on him yet.

• 1 decade ago

You want to drop one of two aces to pick up Aaron Rowand? That's insane. Dice-K and Lackey are both coming off of injuries. Let them get into their groove.

• 1 decade ago

Lackey,You know Dice K is going to come around and get you W's and K's

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They're both coming back from injuries, so I'd hold off on dropping either of them. BTW- Halladay may wind up on the DL because of his groin.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.