Volume of all the water on Earth?

This subject is really bothering me. When I Googled the question "What is the volume of all the water on Earth?”, I see a lot of different references. The vast majority seem to state that the volume of all the water on Earth is described as being about 1.3 billion cubic kilometers. Now, when I visualize 1.3... show more This subject is really bothering me. When I Googled the question "What is the volume of all the water on Earth?”, I see a lot of different references. The vast majority seem to state that the volume of all the water on Earth is described as being about 1.3 billion cubic kilometers. Now, when I visualize 1.3 billion kilometers, I visualize a cube measuring 1.3 billion kilometers wide, 1.3 billion kilometers in width, and 1.3 billion kilometers high. If I am correct, the Earth itself is nowhere near 1.3 billion kilometers wide, and since our sun is something like 93 million miles from the Earth, this cube of 1.3 billion kilometers would exceed that distance by 11 or 12 times. To me, I was taught that the Earth has a diameter of approx. 13,000 kilometers. That is nowhere near being 1.3 billion kilometers for this cube I am trying to visualize. What am I missing here?
Thank you for all your help,
2 answers 2