how is the education system in Ecuador?

My mother is moving us there, and im worried about my education, so any information about that would be great, and if anyone has lived there, and interesting things you could tell me would be great! :]

Favorite Answer

It depends in part as to where you are moving to in Ecuador. The public education system could be considered below par with much of the world. Most parents try to place their children in some type of private setting which is a huge sacrifice. Most children from expatriate families will attend the private schools which cater to wealthy Ecuadorians and expatriates in Guayaquil or Quito. The cost is very high in the 9,000 to 12,000 dollars per year range. Depending upon the school it can be a very good experience. They often will have teachers from abroad and the environment is very protective. I have one friend who had his child in a private school there and then moved to the states and felt she was behind. There use to be a German school in Guayaquil that taught in three languages but it has gone down hill over the last 10 years.

I had a chance to move back to Ecuador several years ago and based on not being able to afford the private upper end schools I decided not to do it because I believed it would not be good for my children.

You may tell your mom to joing the yahoo group expatriates ecuador - they are a very helpful group and will help you decide to go or not to go or to what school. Also, she should read my book Culture Shock Ecuador - which I think would give her a good insight into the country. Write me if you have any other questions.

Source(s): Culture Shock Ecuador - Book http://www.travelgadgetreview.com

The children in Ecuador's educational system do their own homework assignments....and they do them quickly.

ive been there many times,,,good luck...my cuz lives there...it seems tougher than here...one is in high school and has like 15 classes...and if you she fails one class she fails the whole year!!!they are also more advanced in math/science...basically all the do over there is study and study... oh and um yeah its super nice..ive been to ambato, quito, riobamba..banos,atacames, and other smaller towns. i mean i wouldnt live there..the weather kinda sucks..always cold unless you live on the coast..and although theres alot of places to see it gets kinda boring after a while...pretty much the only entertainment for young pple are drinking and clubbin...so yep...

• e

Well i'm not sure about their education of ninja's i'm observing from your picture...

Source(s): my cuzins are educated there.