Does anyone know where I can find these bible stories in the bible?

One of my teachers wants us to find and read these bible stories to learn about the allusions they have. I need to know the book (genisis, ax, romans etc.) and the colon thing. Oh there in order of appearance. Any help is great, 10 points to the person who gets the most. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1)The Creation Story

2)Cain and Abel

3)Noah and the Flood

4)Abraham, Sarah, Isaac, and Ishmael

5)Sodom and Gomorrah

6)Jacob and Esau

7)Joseph and the Coat of Many Colors

8)Moses and Exodus (including the Tablets)

9)Joshua and the Jericho

10)Samson

11) Saul, David, and Goliath

12) Solomon

13) Job

14) Daniel and the Lion's Den

15) Jonah

16) John the Baptist

17) Birth of Jesus of Nazarus

18) The Apostles: (a) Simon/Peter (b) Saul/Paul

19) Miracle of the Loaves and Fishes

20) Parable: (a) Good Samaratin (b) Prodigal Son

21) Death of Jesus

22) The Apocalypse and Revelations

Thank you so much again.

Okay. I own a bible. I looked in it but i am getting confused for example the dont hav a Sodom and Gomorrah subtitle, its in Abraham section. Im not being lazy by asking. This is summer work for an AP class. And I have been looking for the last two weeks.

• Debbie
    Favorite Answer

1 - Genesis 1 & 2

2 - Genesis 4

3 - Genesis 7 & 8

4 - Genesis 11-28

5 - Genesis 19

6 - Genesis 26-28; 33

7 - Genesis 37

8 - The Ten Commandments are in Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5. The other books featuring Moses are Leviticus and Numbers

9 - Joshua

10 - Judges 13-16

11 - 1 Samuel

12 - 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 1 Chronicles, Psalms 72, 127, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon

13 - Job

14 - Daniel

15 - Jonah

16 - All four Gospels

17 - Gospels of Matthew & Luke

18 - a) Simon Peter - All four Gospels; Acts; 1 Peter; 2 Peter

b) Paul - Acts; Romans; 1 & 2 Corinthians; Galatians; Ephesians; Philippians; Colossians; 1 & 2 Thessalonians; 1 & 2 Timothy; Titus; Philemon

19 - Matthew 14; Mark 6; Luke 9; John 6

20 - a) Luke 10; b) Luke 15

21 - Matthew 27; Mark 15; Luke 23; John 19

22 - The Book of Revelation

You can also search for the info using Strong's Concordance online at this link:http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html

Source(s): Blue Letter Bible

Hum Allusions is an interesting statement.

1-7 is in Genesis. Yep I'm gunna make ya read it, but I will tell ya the book.

8 is primarily at the end of Genesis and then In Exodus

9 is in the Book of Joshua

10 is in the Book of Judges

11 is in the book(S) of Samuel

12 is in the early part of Chronicles, Song of Soloman, and Ecclesiastes (actually Ecclesiastes is specific to Allusions and misguided perceptions)

13 is in the book of Job, I would read the first two chapters to get the how and why of it then read from some where around 24 begin at Elihu's discourse and then read till the end.

14 is in the early parts of Daniel. The biographical information ends around chapter 9.

15 is the book of Johan

16 is randomly scattered through the first five books of the new testament but Mark chapters 1-8 extensively cover John the baptist

17 first parts of Luke and Matthew are the primary places to go.

18 for the original 12 apostles it's in Matthew chapters 4-10 for Saul/Paul it is Acts chapters 7-9

19 Luke chapter 9 and Matthew chapter 14

20 Luke chapter 10 and chapter 15

21 John chapter 18-19, Luke chapter 22 to the end of the book

22 the book of revelation, but your gunna need some help understanding it, it's all in poetic and prophetic form

Source(s): www.biblegateway.com New International Version Old and New Testament When you read any thing read it with an open mind. Don't form the answer before the question.
  • gatita

I believe your instructor wants each student to not only understand the meaning of these biblical accounts but also how to research them. To give you the information would be a grave disservice and you would not learn anything. My suggestion is to use the Bible, if you don't own one go to the library and use theirs. In the end of the book of Revelations, aka the Apocalypse, you will find the concordance which will tell you where the answer to each one of these questions can be found.

gatita_63109

The man was Job and the story is found in the book of Job in the Old Testament.

1-6 are Genesis. Can't remeber the rest.

• Witty

Short attention span, i have.

Read the 1st 2 then gave up.

hay you taking about most of the story present in koran.