where do i go from now? PCOS? or infertility?

hi everyone ok well in the past i've had complex cysts, simple cysts, ovarian dermoid tumour cyst (surgically removed 2008) since i was 14 i am now 20 i am on no birth control still have a period every month but always late, but then other times could be on time, i am pretty sure i ovulate but dont think its every month even though i get a period. i am in a wonderful relationship and would love to have a baby (dont say im too young ive been thru far too much to be a normal 20yr old) i know im ready, but each month more disappointment and feel less of a woman that i cant do this one thing we were put on the earth to do, so to my question ive been researching and am considering that i may have PCOS could anyone give me a few pointers on it or where i should go to from now.. im kind of at a loss and cant take any more of it. i thought it was all over after the surgery thinking that the dermoid was my problem but now im not so sure its been 16mnths since the op. no one can give me any answers some doctors say im fine others say i'l never have kids. im at my wits end. and please no silly answers

Favorite Answer

I would recommend that you find an OB/GYN that specializes in infertility or even an RE/fertility specialist.

To have multiple doctors say different things must be difficult and if they are lost . . . then it is time to see a specialist, get some testing done and go from there.

As to PCOS - it is possible based on irregular periods and your history of cysts . . .but so is endometriosis. It is best to get tested by a professional and go from there. Science is a wonderful thing, you are young (hopefully this will mean that you have good eggs), so it is likely that a specialist would be able to help you to conceive.

Good luck!

Hi, do not fear, many many females with PCOS become getting pregnant. You will without doubt want "support" (fertility medicines, and so forth.) however my dr. says it is some of the simplest infertility issues to paintings with...My recommendation is to uncover a well ob/gyn who may be an endocrinologist. That manner you have already got a well dr. while making a decision to have a child.

Sorry to go out of topic but hmm... well, few weeks back when I was having my hair done at the saloon, I was reading the babyTalk (from the U.S) magazine.

They wrote a review and recommended this website to TTC (trying to conceive) ladies.

They will teach you on eliminating fertility issues even if you're:

late 30s or 40's

have endometriosis

have tubal obstruction

have ovarian cysts or "lazy ovaries"

without resorting to IVF or IUI procedures or drugs like clomid, fertilid, preseed

Here's the link that you're interested:

http://pregnantmiracle.clickthru.ca/