Chels asked in TravelUnited StatesChicago · 1 decade ago

Is there a bus service that leaves Chicago, IL at around midnight to Springfield, IL?

I'm seeing a concert in Chicago with my boyfriend but we need to be in Springfield the next morning. I would like to leave at midnight from Chicago. I was thinking a bus service, but are there other ways too?

Favorite Answer

I'm from Springfield, IL myself, but go to college in Chicago. So I'm constantly going back and forth between both cities to see family back home and then come back to Chicago for school. The best way to travel back and forth is by the Amtrack. It's a train service located at Union Station in downtown Chicago. The address is 225 South Canal Street Chicago, IL 60606.

You can either call and have the tickets mailed to you, or go to your local train station and purchase them there. I know the Amtrack station in Springfield is located downtown near the capitol building, on E Washington St & N 3rd St. And their number is (217) 753-2013.

If you buy your tickets in advance, you'll only be spending about $17 to get there, and $17 to get back, so about $35 round trip. However, if you wait the day of or the day before your trip you'll be spending about $50 to get there, and $50 to get back to Springfield.

The Amtrack train is nice. It's relaxing. It usually takes anywhere from 3-4 hours to get to Springfield from Chicago, and vice versa. But it's also busy and fills up quickly, so I'd advise buying your tickets in advance. If you have any questions about booking a trip through them, their Chicago number is (312) 756-0934.