ticket for tinted windows now wat?

Hello i live in WA and i got a ticket for having my windows at 8.6 percent.. Im going to pay the ticket and not remove my tint. So whats the most an officer can do for having tinted windows?? just keep writing me tickets? or force me to remove the tint? ... Also if a cop KNOWS i have illegal tint on my front windows but i have my windows down at the moment can he still do anything about it? As long as i Drive with my windows down i cant get a ticket right? or can they ticket a parked vehicle? thanks 4 any info!!

the cop told me my tint was at 8.6 percent i dont really think it is .. cuz i can still see inside my truck.. IDK. lol

Favorite Answer

An officer could order you to roll your window back up.

As far as getting a ticket, I can not give someone permission to operate an illegal vehicle. Most officers are not so hard core to tow every car with a defect, but they legally could.

If I knew you had been previously cited and refused to remove it, I could do two things, either tow the vehicle, or make your next ticket a mandatory appearance. The judge could then order it removed, and failure to would be contempt.

Source(s): 17 years law enforcement

You keep getting tickets. If they see you parked with windows up and then they happen to see you drive off with the windows down you can still get a ticket.

Put yourself in the cops shoes, how would you like to approach a car with tinted windows where you could not see in but the driver could see you...not knowing if the driver has a gun pointed at you or not. You also are a threat to other driver's, specially at night.

Tinting the side windows is illegal -- rolled down or up...doesn't matter.

Here's a cheaper solutions -- remove the tint, pay the $10 fix-it fine and get a lighter tint that still gives you some privacy/looks cool, doesn't restrict your view and looks like a factory tint.

Get 35% or greater on the sides. How the hell can you see out of 8% at night? Your putting yourself and others in danger.

Edit:

I ask b/c I had 20% on my Camaro back in High School and had to roll down my windows at intersections...it was more of a hassle than worth the look. Burned out one of my window motors too. I finally just took it off after being pulled over on the freeway. My bro had 35% on the side...which was still kind of dark but you can see in/out at night.

If the same officer stops you again and you have not corrected the problem you will then be a repeat offender and the fine can be doubled or worse and you could actually get some jail time. If you are fool enough to take your chances well so be it but you might find this to be quite foolish not to mention expensive!

Source(s): My neighbors grandson!....Three days in jail and $450.00 fine!

The cop can write you a ticket, and start taking points away, so you could lose your license. But I don't think they can make you take them out.

if you want to keep getting tickets, they can ticket while parked, if cop knows you he may keep pulling you over to see if you fixed tint. after so many tickets who knows what Judge will do...contemt of court

You fought the law, and the law won.

Don't give them any ammunition to harass you.

Driving is a privilege, not a right.

Just get within the law and chill when driving.

• Russ

You already answered your own Q,

So it might not be the coolest solution, However just obey the law and their won't be no trouble, yes it really that simple.

You say you can still see inside your truck. But the issue is whether you can see out.